Growth: Fallschace

cityboy05

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ I thought the new Wal-mart was opening on Wednesday but I could be mistaken.

On the SunTrust topic, I've personally never had a problem with them & have been a very satisfied client for many years. Guess it's a good thing we have plenty of choices in Tallahassee when it comes to financial institutions & Mexican restaurants.

^ You and I both, Glenn.

The reason I was asking, is because I know Wal Mart and SunTrust had an agreement that SunTrust would provide the banks in their stores in the SE. I dont know if that is still the case.

I'm on the side that most banks are evil or at least not service institutions anymore. Probably the biggest public tirade I ever pitched in my life and one I'm infamous w/my friends for is when my current bank Wachovia (but I think they were First Union at the time) in Boca Raton tried to charge me a dollar for a deposit slip when I was trying to deposit a large check into my account w/them. Crazy! I must have repeated very loudly and angrily over 30 times to the teller, supervisors and management "look me straight in the eye and tell me, a long-time customer, that YOU are going to charge ME money to DEPOSIT money into my account." After about 30 minutes of saying this and more, I didn't have to pay that dollar. They probably just wanted to get the loud crazy guy outta there.

Hopefully the Suntrust's in Wally-marts don't charge you for this......bringin' it back on topic.

Thanks for the info TD about the opening. I don't frequent the other site too much so you'll have to keep us informed por favor.

Well, I visited Wal-mart at 8:00 this morning as they opened their doors. I do not have pictures right now since I have a new phone that I need to get a cable for. Anyway, the abundance of employees was astounding which doesn't surprise me with the opening day. I was able to transfer my prescription to this store without any issues. The amount of aisle space was much better than other Wal-marts I have visited. The overall interior is definitely an improvement over other Wal-marts as well. As usual, there is a bank, salon, eye doctor, and the usual McDonalds in the store (which mean we will have 2 McDonalds in the same parking lot). Right now, I would have to say that I am happy they are here since the Apalachee store is horrible and the Thomasville Road store is a small drive.

Scubaboy, I concur with your observations above. I was in the store around 9:30 this morning & I also liked the layout & wider aisles over the other WM stores we have in our vicinity. I also liked the lower display racks & counters in some parts of the store. All the natural lighting was really cool to see & the floors were very nice. Like you stated SB, there were employees everywhere!!! I've never in my life been greeted by and/or offered so much assistance in a WM store before....anywhere! I really like the 3 entrances they have & then I accidentally stumbled upon a 4th entrance which leads into their liquor store. By State law, it has to be separated from the rest of the store although they do have floor to ceiling glass in one section between the 2 stores. There was absolutely no signage indicating it was a liquor store but the clerk informed me it was an issue with the City sign ordinance & they hoped to have signage up soon. The home & outdoor living (or whatever they call it) was really nice. It felt like I was in a new Lowe's or Home Depot. I also liked the 2 drive-through lanes outside for loading fertilizer, pavers, etc. directly from the shelf right into your car. I imagine that area will get pretty jammed up on the weekends though. The electronics section was much larger than any other WM that I remember Overall, I REALLY liked this new WM store design, concept & layout.

SB and Glenn let's hope the customer service at that Wally-mart continues in the fashion you guys found it on opening day! Last time I was in Wally-mart I needed some help and had to literally chase down an employee to ask my question. It was as if they see you coming and duck down an aisle.

Interesting that McDonald's will be inside and just outside this new store. Talk about cornering the market!

^ Well, I guess only time will tell poonther!

It's a really nice store & although I don't expect them to keep their staffing at the level it was at yesterday I sincerely hope it's better than at their other stores.

• 2 weeks later...

I am going to try to go by this week and grab some updated pictures of the Sportsman Warehouse. It is coming along nicely. They are finishing the front as of yesterday. They were putting the cultured stone on front. I am just really ready to see some more stuff get started.

Is the McDonalds in the new Wal-Mart open 24 hours? I was in Wal-Mart after midnight on Friday and the McDonalds was still open.

Anyone notice how difficult it is to get out of the Wal-Mart? Getting there is easy - you can turn into the parking lot from Lagniappe Way, but leaving, it's difficult to find an entrance to get back on to Lagniappe!

Is the McDonalds in the new Wal-Mart open 24 hours? I was in Wal-Mart after midnight on Friday and the McDonalds was still open.

Anyone notice how difficult it is to get out of the Wal-Mart? Getting there is easy - you can turn into the parking lot from Lagniappe Way, but leaving, it's difficult to find an entrance to get back on to Lagniappe!

Well Tallahassee general conscious is that know one wants to pay 55$ for a cost-co membership when there is a Walmart next door and a Sam's with a 35$ membership right down the road. I don't know if any one has noticed but every time I go by Fallschase the Cost-co parking lot looks dead. This is not good.

FYI what I am doing is going 1/2's with another family and getting a Cost-co member ship because they will give you two cards to use so its only going to cost be 25$.... :-)

One more thing. I never got back a reply concerning how I was treated when I made an inquery about a free member ship before Cost-co opened..... if any one remember that fiasco. :-(

^ I'm sorry to hear that you never got a response from COSTCO on the way you were treated mracca. They could have at least responded to you with a generic form letter or something.

I haven't joined COSTCO but I see the same thing as you do mracca (at least when I'm by there). There never seems to be that many people in the store or at the gas pumps yet Sam's is packed. Maybe it's just that they're new in our community & it will get better with time. I sure hope so because we don't need another empty big box.

^ I'm sorry to hear that you never got a response from COSTCO on the way you were treated mracca. They could have at least responded to you with a generic form letter or something.

I haven't joined COSTCO but I see the same thing as you do mracca (at least when I'm by there). There never seems to be that many people in the store or at the gas pumps yet Sam's is packed. Maybe it's just that they're new in our community & it will get better with time. I sure hope so because we don't need another empty big box.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived