Growth: Fallschace

cityboy05

This isn't official information but I've heard from several contractors working on the Fallschase project that Wal-Mart is supposed to open about a month behind COSTCO.....could just be RRM. :P

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I stopped by the Costco gas station yesterday evening and sure enough, it is open to the public now. The attendant didn't give a reason but did confirm a delay which is why it didn't open April 1. If anyone is interested, the price was $3.22 a gallon as of 6:45pm yesterday.

Well, I stopped by the Costco gas station yesterday evening and sure enough, it is open to the public now. The attendant didn't give a reason but did confirm a delay which is why it didn't open April 1. If anyone is interested, the price was $3.22 a gallon as of 6:45pm yesterday.

It's rather startling to see that one of the cheapest prices for gas in Tally is $3.22

Anyone know how this price compares w/Sam's-Wallymart's price and w/two big truck stops in Midway...Flying J and Pilot?

Does anyone know if you can browse Costco without having a membership, or are they extremely strict at the door? I know you can't buy anything. I don't have a card, and I'm not sure I want one - I want to compare to Sam's Club before I decide.

I think that you can get a one-day membership, which would even allow you to make purchases. I cannot imagine they wouldn't let you in to browse if you explained that you wanted to make sure that you were interested in a membership first. It would undermine their faith in their brand if you had to purchase the product without testing it out first :)

WOW guys according to UrbanTallahassee

" Sportsmans Warehouse as it looks completely framed. Work continues

within the shell of the building. Roof yet to be installed. Store will open

Friday August 1, 2008 with a GRAND OPENING Sat. August 2, 2008. "

I didnt know that it was scheduled to open so soon. This is great news as I have never been in a Sportsmans Warehouse before. Sure is Nice of TJ to be doing all this leg work for Tallahassee. and Posting some great pictures on his website! Maybe he will make a link to us so we can all talk about this great progress! :-)

WOW guys according to UrbanTallahassee

" Sportsmans Warehouse as it looks completely framed. Work continues

within the shell of the building. Roof yet to be installed. Store will open

Friday August 1, 2008 with a GRAND OPENING Sat. August 2, 2008. "

I didnt know that it was scheduled to open so soon. This is great news as I have never been in a Sportsmans Warehouse before. Sure is Nice of TJ to be doing all this leg work for Tallahassee. and Posting some great pictures on his website! Maybe he will make a link to us so we can all talk about this great progress! :-)

So I made the trip to Costco last night. IT WAS PACKED. They did not sell anything but they were giving away all kinds of food a drinks. It is really nice and the prices seem to be the same as they are at Sam's. Opens for real business today.

I saw the crowds last night and decided to wait. I was up there at 8:00 this morning to a small crowd. Below are 3 pics I was able to take with my phone. These aren't the best photos, but it gives an idea of the store nonetheless.

Ribbon Cutting

0409080758.jpg

Looking toward the back from just inside the electronics department near the front of the store.

0409080801.jpg

Looking toward the side of the store from the same location.

0409080801a.jpg

^Now you are getting me excited about this w/the shots Scubaboy! Thanks.

emt maybe it's a good thing I am out of town and won't be able to explore our new Costco until next week. Looks like that place is going to be mobbed this week.

The inside is set up pretty close to Sam's. They seem to carry some more popular items versus what Sam's has. They have REALLY GOOD Ice Cream and Frozen coffee drinks for sale in the store food court.

I figure I will wait to go shopping there until next week. They also send out monthly coupons.

looks exactly like the costco i went to in Cali, Cool i guess, but i have no use for it....

Im not spending 50 bux for a membership, and i dont buy enough groceries to make it worth it, but to each their own.

Archived