Growth: Fallschace

cityboy05

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah..... Didnt think to use the old "ur number one" finger. Wifey drove by this morning and said that they were bringing in lots of large equipment and several workers into Fallschase this morning. So maybe things are starting to happen. Or maybe they were scooping up the Tree Huggers and Hauling them off.... I will let you decide.

Yeah..... Didnt think to use the old "ur number one" finger. Wifey drove by this morning and said that they were bringing in lots of large equipment and several workers into Fallschase this morning. So maybe things are starting to happen. Or maybe they were scooping up the Tree Huggers and Hauling them off.... I will let you decide.

The Tree Huggers were back out this afternoon. A bunch of them looked like old hippies. They had all of there kids holding up signs. Saying things like Safe Tallahassee. just one that I can remember. What a waste of time. And they all parked in Fallschase. Fallchase should have had them towed away, for trespassing.

On a side note I did see a log truck coming out of there today full of logs. I have seen a bunch of surveying going on. Yee Haw. :thumbsup:

The Tree Huggers were back out this afternoon. A bunch of them looked like old hippies. They had all of there kids holding up signs. Saying things like Safe Tallahassee. just one that I can remember. What a waste of time. And they all parked in Fallschase. Fallchase should have had them towed away, for trespassing.

On a side note I did see a log truck coming out of there today full of logs. I have seen a bunch of surveying going on. Yee Haw. :thumbsup:

Construction has begun officially on Fallschase's shopping center. Here's a story and video from our friends over at WCTV. It's worth watching the video just to see the look of disgust on ole Bob R.'s face.

Fallschase is happening.

Things I noticed:

The gentleman that speaks at first is living in a fairly new home that looks to be built after the initial Fallschase development was planned. Just saying this b/c if I was to move out to that area and wanted to live in a rural type setting, I would not b/c I'd notice this monster development and realize that at sometime in the future it could come back to life. The future is now and it has come back to life.

Second, the gentleman states that big box retail has no place in a residential setting like that area. So if a six lane federal highway leading to an interstate is NOT a place for big box retail, then where is???

They announce by name that Sportman's Warehouse is part of the deal.

One of Bob's minions states that landscaping of the parking lots will not be adequate. Now that's something that could be done or fixed. I thought Tally/Leon had a pretty good landscaping requirements. And if not good enough, could not additional landscaping be required especially in the buffer areas as a condition of the approval? And if this were the case, where were these people opposed to project when it was going through the formal approval process and could they not have requested these additional conditions before the earth-movers and tree-cutter arrived on the scene? Seems like they are all "a day late and a dollar short" to me.

Great points there Poonther. And I agree with you. If I see a huge sign of a pending DRI, I'm not going to move near it unless I'm comfortable with the growth. This goes back to our old notion that there are many around who want to move to an area in Tallahassee and close the door behind them.

SBD, you make a good point also. The reporting wasn't very balanced. There should have been someone from both sides. Personally, I know many people on that side of town who are eagerly waiting for the shopping so they won't have to drive as far for their goods. I wish I were there to combat Ratcliff's antics.

Your excatly correct on the statement about moving into an area and closing the doors behind them. This has drove me nuts all my life in Tallahassee. People move into an area and expect it to remain the same until they die, I guess. Also those same people are usually the worset of the bunch from the NIMBY's crowd. Maybe just maybe someday Ratcliff will get his tree-hugging self voted out of office. I would say that Ratliff has replaced proctor as the worse commissioner we have right now. He is a do nothing county commissioner and then critizes everything else that gets pushed through. UGH....

Your excatly correct on the statement about moving into an area and closing the doors behind them. This has drove me nuts all my life in Tallahassee. People move into an area and expect it to remain the same until they die, I guess. Also those same people are usually the worset of the bunch from the NIMBY's crowd. Maybe just maybe someday Ratcliff will get his tree-hugging self voted out of office. I would say that Ratliff has replaced proctor as the worse commissioner we have right now. He is a do nothing county commissioner and then critizes everything else that gets pushed through. UGH....

Construction has begun officially on Fallschase's shopping center. Here's a story and video from our friends over at WCTV. It's worth watching the video just to see the look of disgust on ole Bob R.'s face.

Fallschase is happening.

Things I noticed:

The gentleman that speaks at first is living in a fairly new home that looks to be built after the initial Fallschase development was planned. Just saying this b/c if I was to move out to that area and wanted to live in a rural type setting, I would not b/c I'd notice this monster development and realize that at sometime in the future it could come back to life. The future is now and it has come back to life.

Second, the gentleman states that big box retail has no place in a residential setting like that area. So if a six lane federal highway leading to an interstate is NOT a place for big box retail, then where is???

They announce by name that Sportman's Warehouse is part of the deal.

One of Bob's minions states that landscaping of the parking lots will not be adequate. Now that's something that could be done or fixed. I thought Tally/Leon had a pretty good landscaping requirements. And if not good enough, could not additional landscaping be required especially in the buffer areas as a condition of the approval? And if this were the case, where were these people opposed to project when it was going through the formal approval process and could they not have requested these additional conditions before the earth-movers and tree-cutter arrived on the scene? Seems like they are all "a day late and a dollar short" to me.

SBD, you make a good point also. The reporting wasn't very balanced. There should have been someone from both sides. Personally, I know many people on that side of town who are eagerly waiting for the shopping so they won't have to drive as far for their goods. I wish I were there to combat Ratcliff's antics.

I love the morning show! It is all I have to look forward to when I am up and in the car at 8am.

Preston and Eric (Eggers, his producer, and also host of Tuesday night jams on 1270) talk about local issues a good portion of the time. I would consider myself a moderate, slightly liberal leaner, and still enjoy the show. Preston seems open to most any ideas, and Eric is more liberal than Preston. They do well together, providing points from both sides.

Anyways, The Morning Show with Preston and Eric is, next to Cameron, my favorite show on the radio.

I love the morning show! It is all I have to look forward to when I am up and in the car at 8am.

Preston and Eric (Eggers, his producer, and also host of Tuesday night jams on 1270) talk about local issues a good portion of the time. I would consider myself a moderate, slightly liberal leaner, and still enjoy the show. Preston seems open to most any ideas, and Eric is more liberal than Preston. They do well together, providing points from both sides.

Anyways, The Morning Show with Preston and Eric is, next to Cameron, my favorite show on the radio.

Archived