Growth: Fallschace

cityboy05

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd love another one of those lifestyle center type shopping centers to take hold of the Gaines Street revitalization. Each building up and down the road could have on the ground floor, a mall type store. That would surely bring life back into the downtown.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The only other thing that I've heard is some sort of pet superstore, not sure which one.

I love animals, but just how many of these pet superstores do we need? We've got 3 big ones already: Pet Supermarket, Petco and Pet's Mart plus the locally owned Panhandle Pets etc etc. How bout a Kohl's there developers? They are looking to greatly expand in FL and we already get all their commercials on TV.

I love animals, but just how many of these pet superstores do we need? We've got 3 big ones already: Pet Supermarket, Petco and Pet's Mart plus the locally owned Panhandle Pets etc etc. How bout a Kohl's there developers? They are looking to greatly expand in FL and we already get all their commercials on TV.

Paitience, young grasshopper, paitence.

I hope there is not another Pet store in fallschase. I thingk we have enought of those also. I would like to see them put a Babies-R-Us store in. Those are good stores, at least for folks like me that just a had a baby a few months ago. Although my wife would probable spend all of money there.

• 4 weeks later...

Fallschase Development Sparks early Road Work

Work to improve Buck Lake Road is expected to begin soon, thanks to a financial boost from Leon County and the Fallschase developers.

Construction is expected to start in two or three months and end perhaps a year later, said Joe Brown, the county's director of engineering services. The project has been in the works for years, and residents were becoming frustrated. Now, they're excited.

The county is spending $6 million on the project, and AIG Baker, the company building the large Fallschase development on the east side, is expected to contribute several million dollars. If there aren't delays, the road work could be done about the time the Fallschase shopping center opens next summer.

For More See TDO.com

It makes no since to stop the 4 lane at Davis Rd. That is a little crazy. It needs to at least go all the way to Pedrick Rd. Most of the traffic goes to the schools there. But I guess this is just a start. I am just ready to see Fallschase break some ground. If it is going to open next summer they need to get on the ball.

It makes no since to stop the 4 lane at Davis Rd. That is a little crazy. It needs to at least go all the way to Pedrick Rd. Most of the traffic goes to the schools there. But I guess this is just a start. I am just ready to see Fallschase break some ground. If it is going to open next summer they need to get on the ball.

They need to get their final approval through County GM first. Still a bunch of minor issues to be fleshed out between AIG and the County.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What is the latest word on Fallschase? I have not heard anything. I have seen some surveyors on the side of the road by Fallschase.

They have resubmitted their revised plans for the Wal-Mart/Costco and will have the first part of their residential on a Development Review Committee agenda in about 2 weeks.

They have resubmitted their revised plans for the Wal-Mart/Costco and will have the first part of their residential on a Development Review Committee agenda in about 2 weeks.

I'm holding YOU psycuda personally responsible for any delays in the opening of my Costco! :D

Before the completion date was 7.07...I'm assuming this has changed now????

Archived