Growth: Fallschace

cityboy05

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Is there any renderings ON LINE that show some of the design concepts that they have in store for Fallschase such as houses, Landscaping schemes, colors of commercial and residential. Just curious. I know that they have some downtown, but would like some stuff to email to some associates. Not looking for Topo or site dwg's Thanks.

Apologies if this is flogging a deceased equine, but...

About two months ago I overheard some of the employees at the Parkway Wal-Mart talking about WallyWorld's plans for Tallahassee, and one said that there would soon be six WMs in Tally. Regretfully I can't recall where the "extra" new one (beyond Fallschase and the old Sam's Club) was, but it was pretty clear that none of the existing ones would be closed.

:yahoo: Welcome to UrbanPlanet{sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}}Tallahassee Aerobird :yahoo:

Yes! It seemed for a short while there that Wal-Mart was going crazy with proposals to build in Tallahassee. Perhaps you heard of the two Neighborhood Markets they've proposed for Both downtown (Gaines Street) and Mandalay Bay. Then there's the major issue with the old Sam's club location, which would essentially make 4, and of course the one you've mentioned at Fallschase (btw... a bad decision IMO).

Aerobird great quote!! Are you a bird watcher? My wife and I have been talking about doing that lately.

Drove by Fallschase yesterday and noticed that all of Bucklake road is gone! Very interesting to see. I think it will be a very very big improvement when they are finished because from what I could tell there is a nice divider between the new lanes that will have allot of trees.

Fallschase UP{sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}}date

Developers Clear a Path for more Retail on Tallahassee's East Side

Tallahassee, FL -- The parcel at the intersection of Mahan Drive and Buck Lake road quickly went from a thick patch of canopy to a clear cut expanse of over 300 acres. What were once homes in this once lonely East Tallahassee community have been torn down with only one resident left inside, an elderly woman who refuses to sell. Despite her willingness to leave her Fallschase home, progress continues on the first phase of the Master Planned Community. Work is now underway on Tallahassee's 4th Wal-Mart Supercenter and its very first Costco Warehouse.

Costco is a large national retailer, with stores in 38 states, 20 stores in Florida. Their product line ranges from home appliances, food & wine, to toys and automotive parts. Costco's pending arrival is music to many people's ears who have long sought an alternative to Sam's club.

Both stores are set to open in April of 2008. Joining them later in June of 2008 will be several mixed use buildings all coming together to make up the Fallschase Towncenter, which will have its main entry from a new road, Landyet Way.

The Fallschase towncenter component is currently designed to feature 4 buildings each with 2 levels of condominiums above a single level of retail space. Three buildings will be reserved strictly for retail purposes. There will also be 8 outparcels for restaurants and small stores.

Plans for a 13 acre parcel across Mahan Drive are being ironed out. AIG Baker spokesperson indicates this may be the site of a future Movie Theatre.

Homes will begin construction in Mid July of this year. The developer is currently in the process of replacing all of the old infrastructure, including the roads, and water drainage systems which date back to the 80s when this project initially began. "This retrofit could take a few months to complete."

Meanwhile, they do hope to have model homes up and ready to show by November. The Fallschase marketing campaign is set to kick off in January or February of 2008.

There are a number of builders looking to partner with the developer in the production of the home sites. AIG Baker has already chosen Atlanta based builder, Sharon McSwain to design and build the first phase of residential. Her work is spread over 14 Metro-Atlanta communities, with home prices ranging from $99,000 for townhomes to $500,000 single family dwellings. Homes in the Metro-Atlanta area seem to be priced a bit lower than those here in Tallahassee so at this time it is unknown what to expect of Fallschase prices.

Fallschase developers understand the market isn't as robust as it was when their project was at the height of controversy, "but it's still strong". Their hope is to be able to attract buyers with the blend of their "market making" mixed use commercial component, coupled with homes at prices that are attainable for Tallahassee area residents.

Story by: T.J. Lewis, UP{sodEmoji.{sodEmoji.|}}Tallahassee Digest. Published June 20, 2007.

:offtopic:

Yeah, and I'm over 300 species on the life list...over 200 for Leon County. :) Good spots in Tallahassee include Chapman Pond by Meyers Park, the ponds and fields in Southwood, the greenway at the end of Pedrick Road, Church's Chicken Pond....er Lake Alberta Crane Park, San Luis Mission Park, Lake Munson, and of course Lake Jackson. :thumbsup: I'd reccomend you get the Kaufmann field guide.

Archived