Growth: Fallschace

cityboy05

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that comparing families like csmurphy8885's who have lived a more rural way of life out east w/40 acres and mule since the beginning of time is way different situation than that of Bubba T. Jones who just moved out east into one of the many named subdivisions. Families like csmurphy8885's have every right to grip and moan about the situation. As for Bubba T. Jones out in Lucifer's Landing living at a density and w/property setbacks the same as most in-town subdivisions, there really isn't any "rural way of life" to preserve for him. I think that the road improvements should have been done years ago to Mahan mainly and also to Buck Lake and Pedrick. I am also always for quality development that is a given. I think that is best acheived w/ large PUD's like Southwood and Fallschase and not done best piece-meal w/tiny 40 house subdivisions.

I think the compromise worked out by the City and developer are great. I do believe in seeing all sides and preserving nature as best as possible. What I don't believe in is the "I've got mine now and you can't have what I have and things better not change at all anymore now that I'm here" mentality. Planning is about the greater good and not the specific individual's selfish needs/desires.

I think that comparing families like csmurphy8885's who have lived a more rural way of life out east w/40 acres and mule since the beginning of time is way different situation than that of Bubba T. Jones who just moved out east into one of the many named subdivisions. Families like csmurphy8885's have every right to grip and moan about the situation. As for Bubba T. Jones out in Lucifer's Landing living at a density and w/property setbacks the same as most in-town subdivisions, there really isn't any "rural way of life" to preserve for him. I think that the road improvements should have been done years ago to Mahan mainly and also to Buck Lake and Pedrick. I am also always for quality development that is a given. I think that is best acheived w/ large PUD's like Southwood and Fallschase and not done best piece-meal w/tiny 40 house subdivisions.

I think the compromise worked out by the City and developer are great. I do believe in seeing all sides and preserving nature as best as possible. What I don't believe in is the "I've got mine now and you can't have what I have and things better not change at all anymore now that I'm here" mentality. Planning is about the greater good and not the specific individual's selfish needs/desires.

:rofl: Lucifer's Landing :rofl:

One thing that I fear and think would probaly happen anyway is the widening of Bucklake Rd. Lord know's I would hate to see Bucklake be widened. Do yall think there is possiblity of the county widening this road all the way to Pedrick?

:lol: @ Lucifer's Landing Also! :lol:

Why are you afriad of the widening of Bucklake Road?

maybe back in 1970 when the orignally planned this development the location would have been perfect... but now, without MAJOR infrastructure additions this is going to be a train wreck in my opinion. is the retail space/mall going to be towards the front of the propert/Mahan or further back? traffic coming into tally on Mahan is already a nightmare... i only see this making things worse...

mahan, meet bottleneck. bottleneck, mahan. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, to throw this thread off topic from Fallschase but what I am about to mention still had to do with developoment. I was reading TDO. com this afternoon and came across some bitter sweet information. As you guys probaly already Tallahassee is growing very rapidly on the east side of town, but picture this an area of town that is working to keep deer, quail, tortosises as residents! This planned area is called Centerville and believe me I would purchase and house there if I had money. Another planned development is Summerfield, even though a lot of the nearby residents don't approve this I do. This development is planned on the west side of town for more info visit these sites.

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...324/1010/NEWS01

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...005/1010/NEWS01

Sorry, to throw this thread off topic from Fallschase but what I am about to mention still had to do with developoment. I was reading TDO. com this afternoon and came across some bitter sweet information. As you guys probaly already Tallahassee is growing very rapidly on the east side of town, but picture this an area of town that is working to keep deer, quail, tortosises as residents! This planned area is called Centerville and believe me I would purchase and house there if I had money. Another planned development is Summerfield, even though a lot of the nearby residents don't approve this I do. This development is planned on the west side of town for more info visit these sites.

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...324/1010/NEWS01

http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...005/1010/NEWS01

Interesting you mention these two projects, specifically the Centerville Farms community. Much like St JOE, Booth is trying to jump start this concept of New Ruralism, creating new communities and modeling them after rural settings, where New Urbanism takes large communities in urban areas, and tries model them after small towns from days long ago.

I once spoke harshly about New Ruralism, but I now have more information on it that helps me to appreciate what's going on. Tallahassee is fortunate to be the StJoe company's first New Ruralism experiment. Imagine retiring to a 15 acre piece of land outside your favorite city (Tallahassee!) where the grass is taken care of for you (by the developer's management company), there is room for adventure, letting the grandkids run, riding the horses, growing a garden, or just sitting on your porch to survey your peaceful surroundings.

Caution! New Ruralism isn't for everyone!!! Mainly those who've retired, or seek a second home for vacations. I don't reccomend a New Ruralism community for a person still actively employeed in an economic center, needing to commute to work daily.

maybe back in 1970 when the orignally planned this development the location would have been perfect... but now, without MAJOR infrastructure additions this is going to be a train wreck in my opinion. is the retail space/mall going to be towards the front of the propert/Mahan or further back? traffic coming into tally on Mahan is already a nightmare... i only see this making things worse...

mahan, meet bottleneck. bottleneck, mahan. :P

The real bottleneck will be while Mahan is widened over the next several years to 4 lanes all the way out to I-10, plus all of the intersection improvements at Buck Lake and a couple of the other roads on that side of town.

WOW its been a couple of weeks now. Isn't there any new news concerning this project, besides boring stuff like widening the roads? lol I was wondering if any one has a layout of New Falls Chase or any new Artistic rendering yet. Just thought I would throw this out there. See you guys Later.

WOW its been a couple of weeks now. Isn't there any new news concerning this project, besides boring stuff like widening the roads? lol I was wondering if any one has a layout of New Falls Chase or any new Artistic rendering yet. Just thought I would throw this out there. See you guys Later.

The latest info I've found on the Fallschase Development comes from the AIG Baker Website:

Fallschase - Tallahassee, Florida

Description

Fallschase, Tallahassee

Thanks for the information TJ! Glenn I don't understand how the news article would affect Fallschase? Could some one explain? Thanks.

mracca - perhaps I posted the wrong link. If so, sorry for the confusion. I was referring to the Democrat article about the County Commission taking another look at the Fallschase project & the tuesday night public hearing on the issue.

The Leon County Commission will have a public hearing on Fallschase at 6 p.m. Tuesday at the County Courthouse, fifth floor. For more information, visit www.leoncountyfl.gov.

http://www.tdo.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?A...=73234252032302

I read a document that compared Fallschase to another community I had seen before and liked. I'm not sure what the name of this community was or where it is located. But I'd be very interested in getting some pictures of it to share. I do have some pictures of Fallschase as drawn for the County Commissioners on my computer at home. I don't think they are UrbanPlanet quality, however, which is why I haven't shared them. But I'm trying to contact the representitive over the community so that I might get some information and maybe some more pictures of what we can expect.

Fallschase will have to come before the County Commission once more to get the final design and master plan approved for the community. This will mean the way the buildings look at well as the actual layout of the community. It should be another exciting County Commission meeting.

Fallschase will have to come before the County Commission once more to get the final design and master plan approved for the community. This will mean the way the buildings look at well as the actual layout of the community. It should be another exciting County Commission meeting.

I'd love to go, but I'm SO AFRAID of going to the County Commision meetings w/all the law enforcement offices there. It just intimitates me to death. :wacko:

The CC won't spend money on jobs, but they'll end up spending tons money on this?????? Hey if we consolidated governments and had them meet at City Hall...problem solved!

http://www.pattoncreek.com/index.asp

Is this the link you were looking for? THis is the development that Falls Chase is being modeled after. If you hit refresh you can see diffrent pictures. I have been here, its is a beutiful area. I dont think Tallahassee relizes what is about to hit them.. When I was in Alabama I remember thinking "I would move here just for this outdoor shopping mall", and I used to live in Fort Lauderdale... :-)

Buy the way. How do you post pictures on here? lol And I teach Computers....

One more thing, when is the County Commission meeting for Falls Chase. I would like to attend.

This is the Main Street Concept

MS.bmp

Cool Retail Design

Mr.bmp

Imagine walking this sidewalk shopping on a nice Spring Day.

Mw.bmp

The brick is actually dark brown? Not sure what happened here. But this is along the "Main Street" Also.

RealitySouth.bmp

Rave Seems to be the Theature of Choice for AIG Baker!! This is a top notch movie place. There Projetors are fully Digital.

Theature2.bmp

Nice to eat on the upper level. Great atmosphere

UpperLevelRestuarant.bmp

I thought that instead of you clicking on the link to see the pics I would just load some for you! :-)

Bye that way. I am only able to post pics is because My area FINNALY got high Speed Internet. Man do I live out in the middle of the woods or what? lol

Archived