35-40 story office building proposed for norfolk

brucewayne

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That might be right. When Trader moves into its new building the space they vacate will be available for lease. So vacancy rates will inch up slightly. So saying in about a year just might be correct!

But then again, who knows what the future holds! :huh:

Sorry y'all but Trader isn't leaving their current headquarters. That building will remain open as the company's headquarters. The new building will be the headquarters for their electronics/media division.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

who knows where this information is coming from regarding the 35-40-story office building that is proposed for downtown Norfolk?

it seems like the information is on point, but are there any more details? I haven't been able to find anything on it in the newspaper and a source I have in city government says there is no deal yet.

is this information accurate? It is defined by letter J on the map that recently ran here.

What happened to brucewayne, he and his source have dissapeared from urban planet. Was this guy a plant? Maybe I'm just bored.

What happened to brucewayne, he and his source have dissapeared from urban planet. Was this guy a plant? Maybe I'm just bored.

He's a reporter for the pilot, and while his physical presence isn't made known anymore I am almost certain they still check in from time to time. :lol:

Well he can't really tell us anything with his job depending on it. I've never asked him anything that would put him at risk to loose a story which would loose money for him. He is a very cool dude though.

• 5 months later...

NORFOLK REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL: DOWNTOWN'S SNYDER LOT

I posted this here because it concerns the lot where this tall tower was rumored to be. I'm not really sure what this link entails but someone more knowledgable than I can tell us what its about.

Edit: It says it is zoned for office/mixed use. Sounds like the first steps to a great tower to me. There's lot of great info on the link i posted.

I was reading the request for proposals and one thing stood out.

....signature high rise office/mixed-use development.

I guess we'll see. The timeline for this is pretty fast. Proposals due september with ultimately a developer chosen if i can remember sometime in late 2006. :yahoo:

I was reading the request for proposals and one thing stood out.

I guess we'll see. The timeline for this is pretty fast. Proposals due september with ultimately a developer chosen if i can remember sometime in late 2006. :yahoo:

I also wonder what they have planned for Downtown plaza now. That Hoffler building is going over there by itself. I hope this tower is going to push 40+!

Based on the low office vacancy rates (<8% for HR, 6.4% for Southside, 11% for downtown submarket), I think we're poised for another office construction boom. As has been reported, Trader Square is all spoken for so it is not adding any new speculative space to downtown. Harbor Heights office space will be used by TCC. AH Tower in TC is essentially filled up. Back in the late 80's, Dominion Tower, NS Tower, and Main Street Tower (this one had financial problems coupled with a recession) all went up. The Snyder lot is just the beginning of this new wave.

Hmm, "signature highrise"? Well since Granby was supposed to be our signature highrise I think this things gonna have to be pretty tall to outshine it. I'm really getting a good feeling about this one. :shades:

I hope that this really comes about and is not just another dream. I wonder about the tower they have planned on Granby will effect this one. It has some office space in it.

Its about time that some rumblings about this lot has begun to come out of City Hall. With the tremendous growth rate that downtown Norfolk, is currently experiencing, its far past time for this site to be developed. I just hope that this stays on the timetable that was outlined in the pdf. If the contract negotiations date of Oct - Dec 2006 stays true, hopefully we can at least see a conceptual vision later this year or by early next year.

Archived