Newport News Development

urbanfan

I don't think ANYONE in Virginia knows what good pizza tastes like.  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You haven't been to Charlottesville, have you? The place is crawling with great pizza shops from Christian's to Sylvia's to Crozet Pizza. It defintely beats Chicago pizza. Haven't been to NYC, but I don't see how NYC could beat Cville pizzerias.

lol rus....... I give up.... how bout this. It tastes good. If you're in NN and feel like pizza, it might be a good idea. the end.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not starting stuff dude I just want our own flavor per say. Do you want a Charlotte pizzeria in Richmond or do you want a Richmond or local run pizzeria for that local flavor! :thumbsup:

You haven't been to Charlottesville, have you?  The place is crawling with great pizza shops from Christian's to Sylvia's to Crozet Pizza.  It defintely beats Chicago pizza.  Haven't been to NYC, but I don't see how NYC could beat Cville pizzerias.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've eaten at Christians and I stand by my earlier statement. If I happen to be near Christopher Nobody University sometime in the future I'll check out the Bottoms Up place.

IMO the best pizza places in the world are:

DeFusco's on the Boardwalk in Ocean City, NJ and Fat Sal's on 50th and 10th in Manhattan (As a rule, though, the best NY style pizza is not in NYC, but on the Jersey Shore).

I'm excited about this City Center project too. 

If they cut down the trees along I-64 in this region would the City Center area be visible to passers-by?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

During the winter, after the trees lose their leaves, I can see the development going on at City Center from I-64. I recently drove through the development area. Adjacet to the Mariott Hotel construction, there is an architectural rendering of an 18 story condominium, The Meridian, going up. Now that's a DT Norfolk height quality! Land has already been slated for it. It's actually pretty striking. You will, without a doubt, be able to see it from the interstate, trees or no trees. Let's try to keep those trees for a future city park.

Lets hope the area becomes urban. It would be a great drive coming from Willamsburg to all the way through the beach for people to see. Lets go 757

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree Rusthebuss, the drive from Va Beach to Newport News gets pretty bland after the Hampton Power Plant development. After the 18 story condominium is built in City Center, Newport News will have the tallest tower along I-64.

The difference is that this is a high rise Marriott, not a 5-acre lot, 3 story Marriott.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's a high rise suburban Marriott. It's the same ugly box they build everywhere. There are two like this within five miles of where I live. It may not sprawl out like a Courtyard Marriott, but it's hardly an interesting or unique building design.

I've eaten at Christians and I stand by my earlier statement.  If I happen to be near Christopher Nobody University sometime in the future I'll check out the Bottoms Up place. 

IMO the best pizza places in the world are:

DeFusco's on the Boardwalk in Ocean City, NJ and Fat Sal's on 50th and 10th in Manhattan (As a rule, though, the best NY style pizza is not in NYC, but on the Jersey Shore).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What do you have against CNU?

Considering the closest building is only 10 stories, to jump to 18 stories is quite a leap.  Don't u think?  I would have been expected and satisfied with 12 to 15 stories.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't have a problem with it being 18 stories but was just hoping it would have crossed that boundry and pushed the other developments even more thats all, you know what i mean :thumbsup:

I don't have a problem with it being 18 stories but was just hoping it would have crossed that boundry and pushed the other developments even more thats all, you know what i mean :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know what ya mean, only 2 more floors. Maybe they'll add a couple floors if there is a high demand for units.

I think downtown Newport News, right on the James is a perfect location for a skyline, ideal waterfront and not near an airport. One day, I hope!

I know what ya mean, only 2 more floors. Maybe they'll add a couple floors if there is a high demand for units. 

I think downtown Newport News, right on the James is a perfect location for a skyline, ideal waterfront and not near an airport.  One day, I hope!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Who knows with this area! Lets hope that it builds up all over. Could you imagine going around 64, 264, and 664 and seeing urban development. :thumbsup: