Fifth Third Park | $425 million MiLB Stadium + Mixed-Use Development

GreenvilleSucks

When the GM has to come out with a long winded expalianation on how and why this name was chosen, it lets you know they are taking a lot of heat for this screw up.

It works well with the folks under 35 who have little or no money and the folks that have the dough to buy merch won't because they hate the name.

The beneficiaries are the kids under 12 whose grandparents will reluctantly have to buy it for them.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Sparkleman said:

When the GM has to come out with a long winded expalianation on how and why this name was chosen, it lets you know they are taking a lot of heat for this screw up.

It works well with the folks under 35 who have little or no money and the folks that have the dough to buy merch won't because they hate the name.

The beneficiaries are the kids under 12 whose grandparents will reluctantly have to buy it for them.

Not to be critical Sparkleman (and others who have chimed in on this thread) but what nicknames would you have chosen?   To be honest I have struggled trying to come up with a name and glad I didn't have to make the decision.  

On 5/14/2024 at 1:39 PM, roads-scholar said:

Not to be critical Sparkleman (and others who have chimed in on this thread) but what nicknames would you have chosen?   To be honest I have struggled trying to come up with a name and glad I didn't have to make the decision.  

Hub City Locomotives was one I was thinking but also Hub City Rangers would have been just fine.

Even at 60 years old I'll still thrown on an MLB jersey every now and then but no way would I put on one saying Spartanburgers.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, GreenvilleSucks said:

Yeah…burgers. :D What a joke.

Please keep your unhinged rants and spam posts to the Greenville forum (or better yet, don't post them at all). Thanks.

Back on topic, here's a photo my friend took yesterday:

FTPprog2024-06-03.thumb.jpg.7ef33e21081b52f46941c937f43ea7a1.jpg

• Like 3