Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium [Renovation Completed]

jc_perez2003

probably out of sync in that most of the board isn't so outspoken as to what they want. Though it seems the consensus is to locate it downtown.

I believe it was Sheehan that was just as outspoken. I'm very glad to hear there's a push to bring it downtown where it should be.

I felt the vibe that the commishes wanted it to go on IDRIVE. I hope it goes to downtown because I feel more of a sense of community in downtown compared to Idrive area.. Idrive feels too touristy.

they want tourist tax to pay...so sadly...i see more chances of it going to i-drive....i just hope the argument doesent kill everything....as homer heritage said even the performing arts center should be i-drive.

I could see it going to Idrive if Orange county incorporated with Orlando but why should a team called the Orlando magics be out side of the Orlando city limits?

Why cant they offer the development cluster like they did with the PAC for building this thing?

A few hotel towers and shops plus restaurants in the paramore area would be good

Magic play stall game on money for arena

Team officials say they're waiting for a decision on the site -- downtown or I-Drive.

David Damron {sodEmoji.|} Sentinel Staff Writer

Posted September 13, 2006

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/...-home-headlines

"Magic leaders promised to cover cost overruns beyond the estimated $385 million price tag if the arena is built downtown. But Magic Chief Operating Officer Alex Martins would say only that the team's overall contribution to the project would exceed those made by teams building arenas in comparable markets. And he said it would be a "significant" amount."

Then you got two groups of commisioners, county and city. I get a mixed read from the county but the city commishs are practically unanimous that it's downtown or no deal.

If you wish to write to the County Mayor and County Commissioners in order to voice your support for an arena downtown, here are their addresses:

Mayor Crotty: [email protected]

Commissioner Jacobs: [email protected]

Commissioner Sindler: [email protected]

Commissioner Fernandez: [email protected]

Commissioner Stewart: [email protected]

Commissioner Segal: [email protected]

Commissioner Hartage: [email protected]

Note that all messages sent to the Mayor and Commissioners becomes a part of public record and can be viewed by anyone requesting access to them per the "Government in the Sunshine" laws.

Edited by i_cre8

they want tourist tax to pay...so sadly...i see more chances of it going to i-drive....i just hope the argument doesent kill everything....as homer heritage said even the performing arts center should be i-drive.

The arena I could see, but the PAC? That's crazy talk. From the same article, even Watson, the developer who would donate the land for the Arena on I-drive, said he's not interested.

They can always use the old TD waterhouse to be our new PAC.

Yeah, great acoustics in there. :blink:

Can't we limit our cultural needs to what can fit into a halftime show? :P

This way we have the space and the money for everything! :D

Maybe if we can get the rest of the state to help pony up the money for a statewide bullet train, we won't need any of them. We can ride the train to Miami, Tampa, and Jacksonville and then Orlando can remain the Mickey Mouse town that it has been for decades.

My feeling is that the people of Orlando want it in downtown where it belongs. Downtown (church street) use to be the hippest place in the city til' Downtown Disney and Citywalk came here. I think if we put the arena and PAC on Idrive, it would only make Orlando look only like tourist city. If we put the arena and PAC downtown that would give tourists a chance to see the real Orlando aswell. Orlando is so much more then a theme park city and it's about time people see that.

Edited by Violindude