Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium [Renovation Completed]

jc_perez2003

That's probably because it's been proven that PACs lose more money than any other public venues built.

If you notice they haven't really said much about how much money the PAC can make. Whereas theCitrus Bowl and Arena have made that a major issue.

That being said a new PAC is needed.

I doubt that any of the three will make money. Maxwell's suspicion was that county officials are more susceptible to the fear of losing major tenants like the Magic and the bowl games. So his suggestion was that the symphony orchestra should threaten to leave if they don't get a new facility.

Well said Rescue, a few months ago I found the 1995 NFL study of Orlando and I posted some of the results on here.

One thing that had them concerned was the amount of people that work (or were projected to work) in the service industries. Thus working Nights and Weekends.

Interesting fact about 1995, however, this is 2006. Since 1995 Orlando has grown from about 1.4 million to about 2 million people. A lot of that growth has been outside the tourist sector.

Yes, the Citrus Bowl will cost three to four times as much to 'renovate' as UCF is spending to build anew.

And apparently county officials are excited about it.

Can't we bring in the Orlando Brewing Co. with some good beer at the vendors, and some of those guys who hang out in the bathrooms in the clubs downtown to hand out towels and cologne, and call it a day?

Grand total: cab fare for the bathroom guys

Can't we bring in the Orlando Brewing Co. with some good beer at the vendors, and some of those guys who hang out in the bathrooms in the clubs downtown to hand out towels and cologne, and call it a day?

Grand total: cab fare for the bathroom guys

That's just being a wise financial steward. And instead of lightrail, the bathroom guys could moonlight by piloting groups of four to six down the CSX rails in those little hand-powered carts that go down the rails.

Now just put one of those teflon domes over the Eola bandshell, call it the PAC ... and you've got $500 to $750 million left over for Rich DeVos.

Isnt UCF be able to build a new stadium with less money than the cost to renovate the citrus bowl?

Yes, and UCF's new stadium will be nice, but it's a basic steel frame stadium with 45,000 seats and a few club seats and suites. Mostly bench seating.

The Citrus Bowl is talking about creating an enclosed facility. Redoing most the seating from benches to chairs, expanding some areas, adding a lot of suites, etc.

It's a much more extenstive and larger project, thus the reason it costs so much more.

I doubt that any of the three will make money. Maxwell's suspicion was that county officials are more susceptible to the fear of losing major tenants like the Magic and the bowl games. So his suggestion was that the symphony orchestra should threaten to leave if they don't get a new facility.

I don't think any of the facilities will make money either. However, because of the high cost of running and keeping up the facility, factored into other things PAC around the country have lost millions at times. While being used by less than 5% of most communities, the reason comes from the fact that most shows at a PAC only draw from small demographics.

I put the PAC as number 2 on my priority list of the three venues. I would love to see SOMETHING other than the Carr.

I don't think any of the facilities will make money either. However, because of the high cost of running and keeping up the facility, factored into other things PAC around the country have lost millions at times. While being used by less than 5% of most communities, the reason comes from the fact that most shows at a PAC only draw from small demographics.

I put the PAC as number 2 on my priority list of the three venues. I would love to see SOMETHING other than the Carr.

Now I'm torn.

50/50 new Arena and new PAC:

I don't think "wow!" when I see the St. Pete Times Union. I do when I see Miami's new PAC. same goes for the AA. THe PAC is a sophisticated item that not all major cities have (or at least a nice one). Most major cities have nice Arenas. They are more common (except in ORL).

If they dump $$$ into the CItrus Bowl (I think they are getting raped by the proposal), then they need to improve the surrounding area and maybe redo Church St. all the way to Parramore. If a new Arena goes on Church as they say, maybe they can spurn new development between the two complexes and bridge the gap.

I think the PAC is going to be in phases regardless.

Well, the master plan certainly allows for later phases including office, condo and retail. What the pundits are saying is the PAC itself being built in phases. For instance, a symphony hall built first. Then maybe a facility for opera next and so forth.