Good New Restaurants

I have been to all the big steakhouses in Charlotte except for Steak 48 and I do like the Capital Grille and Ruth's and I do like Sullivans too.  However this is 73 and Main is chef driven locally owned and sourced and you can taste the difference.   Do head out there but make reservations it was basically packed tonight a Sunday night. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

Aw, its a goofy fun novelty dessert concept. And its a unique little draw for Uptown, which needs all the draws it can get right now. 

It still looks terrible. ;-) 

What's the over under on it lasting 6 months?

I ate a cereal bar inside the Mall of America many years ago it was owned by General Mills which is based there.  Ate a bowl of cereal in the afternoon with my choice of milk and left and walked the huge mall.  

and I do believe there is a small market for this and my nieces and nephew will love it especially the Beehive bowl.  This according to the Biz Journal is from LA! 

Day & Night Exotic Cereal Bar sets April opening for Charlotte location - Charlotte Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

Edited by KJHburg
  • Haha 1

I talked with a manager friend of mine at major Tex Mex restaurant in Strawberry Hill shopping center today and he said they and most restaurants are having lots of problems finding people to work. Many left the industry altogether when the restaurants were forced shut and now that the bars have reopening many people are leaving to go back to work in the bars.

On a happier note he reports hearing many people saying this was their first meal out in a year and things like that.  So pack some patience if you are dining out there is a severe labor shortage going on right now.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just had a piece of the best key lime pie I have had in Charlotte and guess what it is up in Mooresville.  Get out your NC Quick Pass and head to Epic Chophouse for their epic made in house key lime pie.  sorry no photo as I dug into so quick LOL. 

Continuing my dining in the Ring counties of Charlotte  Been to 73 and Main in Mt Pleasant,  Chophouse 101 in downtown Kannapolis, today Epic Chophouse in Mooresville  next up  Old Stone Steakhouse in downtown Belmont, then over the river and state line to the Pump House in Rock Hill back to Union County probably in downtown Waxhaw somewhere then back over to Cabarrus.    If you have any suggestions  let me know and lets all support local restaurants like this and most of these are in small downtowns.  

IMG_5872.JPG

• Like 3

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Just had a piece of the best key lime pie I have had in Charlotte and guess what it is up in Mooresville.  Get out your NC Quick Pass and head to Epic Chophouse for their epic made in house key lime pie.  sorry no photo as I dug into so quick LOL. 

Continuing my dining in the Ring counties of Charlotte  Been to 73 and Main in Mt Pleasant,  Chophouse 101 in downtown Kannapolis, today Epic Chophouse in Mooresville  next up  Old Stone Steakhouse in downtown Belmont, then over the river and state line to the Pump House in Rock Hill back to Union County probably in downtown Waxhaw somewhere then back over to Cabarrus.    If you have any suggestions  let me know and lets all support local restaurants like this and most of these are in small downtowns.  

IMG_5872.JPG

Have you been to the string bean? I've only been once but really liked it. Appeals to my hippie tastes!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, CLT2014 said:

The former Duckworth's on Montford is being filled by YaMe Asian Noodles, opening May 1. It will be family owned . Most entrees are $10 - $11 so a reasonable meal wallet wise.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/charlottefive/c5-around-town/c5-development/article250780724.html

https://yamenoodles.com/menu

Looks pretty decent too, I love a good cheap fast noodle place.

• Like 2