Fayetteville, Arkansas

Mith242

Heck, Goshen already is the affluent rural area. I can't belive that now, when people refer to someone who just moved to Goshen, we all ooh and ahh. I mean, who would have thought? It is very pretty out there though. I'm partial to West Fayetteville. It will eventually come together and have a feel, though I'm not sure what it will end up feeling like... It's so kind of dotted with things now, it hasn't come together just yet.

Hey, what ever happened with the Sam's Club on 112? I have managed to miss all news of that. You guys are now my news source. :)

Heck, Goshen already is the affluent rural area. I can't belive that now, when people refer to someone who just moved to Goshen, we all ooh and ahh. I mean, who would have thought? It is very pretty out there though. I'm partial to West Fayetteville. It will eventually come together and have a feel, though I'm not sure what it will end up feeling like... It's so kind of dotted with things now, it hasn't come together just yet.

Hey, what ever happened with the Sam's Club on 112? I have managed to miss all news of that. You guys are now my news source. :)

My guess about Sam's is that construction is going to start by the end of the year. I think they were being held up by a liquor licensce for a while, but I think that's been taken care of.

I know they had devised a pretty cool water runoff system to help protect the wetland area around there. I was pleased to hear that they had done that since i live over in that wetland. They were discussing widening 112 for that as well, weren't they? That will be a fairly major artery if there is a Sam's club right there, I would think. I know a neighbor said they are talking about widening Howard Nickel (sp?) to four lanes alone.

I know they had devised a pretty cool water runoff system to help protect the wetland area around there. I was pleased to hear that they had done that since i live over in that wetland. They were discussing widening 112 for that as well, weren't they? That will be a fairly major artery if there is a Sam's club right there, I would think. I know a neighbor said they are talking about widening Howard Nickel (sp?) to four lanes alone.

It's on another thread: Fayetteville Street Plan, Approved by the 2006 Elections It's number 6 on that list.

About 3 or 4 weeks ago I tried to shop at the new Sam's in Bentonville, turned out that they weren't open yet. :blush:

Anyway I got to talking with one of the workers there and he told me 12 to 18 months before the Fayetteville store opens.

About 3 or 4 weeks ago I tried to shop at the new Sam's in Bentonville, turned out that they weren't open yet. :blush:

Anyway I got to talking with one of the workers there and he told me 12 to 18 months before the Fayetteville store opens.

Cool. That will be nice to have. I just hope that it doesn't meant the whole area there will get developed. You know how other stores will want to be near a Sam's. I worry about the drive-in.. I would hate to lose that. Maybe it could move, worst case scenario.

Cool. That will be nice to have. I just hope that it doesn't meant the whole area there will get developed. You know how other stores will want to be near a Sam's. I worry about the drive-in.. I would hate to lose that. Maybe it could move, worst case scenario.

I think the city planners and/or Sam's met with the drive-in while plans were being reviewed to make sure that the parking lot lights at Sam's wouldn't create light pollution that was detrimental to the drive-in. I hope they are right. I like having the drive-in in Fayetteville. It

Hello all-

Local F'ville girl here- Not forever from F'ville, but an Arkie forever. I have a question. I could spend all day reading to find out if this has been answered, but i already did that on some other forums. Who can tell me about Maison Sequoyah and then also the Lakewood development? I just ran across these spaces for sale on cbfaucette and I'm curious. I can't keep up. Also can't find a good website for Wellspring, though I've heard lots of rumors about pink houses and the such. Any comments? Also, the Greenhouse Grille is f'ville best new place to get fed. I love it!

Greg House's condo development on Oive Ave, south of E. Dickson has been renamed Maison Sequoyah. I drove past and the sign out front has the new name. Cabinets are in and they are adding trim. The units have doors but no hardware. All the floor plans are the same except for the south building. Approx $250k for 1150 sqft... that's a lot of $$.

Edited by Thia

Greg House's condo development on Oive Ave, south of E. Dickson has been renamed Maison Sequoyah. I drove past and the sign out front has the new name. Cabinets are in and they are adding trim. The units have doors but no hardware. All the floor plans are the same except for the south building. Approx $250k for 1150 sqft... that's a lot of $$.

For once I think those are actually worth it. The views are amazing and the location is second to none. Very nicely done as well. I don't think he will have a hard time selling these.

For once I think those are actually worth it. The views are amazing and the location is second to none. Very nicely done as well. I don't think he will have a hard time selling these.

i'd like to see them. that is a lot of dough, but views will get the cash. i wonder if anything is posted online about them. on his site?

I didn't have time to post this yesterday but looks like they are trying to build a three story overlook tower as part of the Ruskin Heights development. Although I was disappointed after I initially started reading the article in the Northwest Arkansas Times. When they talk about putting a scenic overlook tower on the top of Mt Sequoyah, I'm thinking of the very top part. Ruskin Heights is closer to Mission, while it might be on Mt Sequoyah I don't really consider that being the top of Mt Sequoyah. Still I think it would be nice to have. I know we've mentioned in the past how having a little overlook tower near the cross would be great. During the wamrer months you can't see a whole lot because of all the trees and vegetation. Anyway I was a little surprised the Parks Advisory Board didn't seem to welcome this with open arms. One membner even mentioned they didn't think there should be an 'ugly' tower as part of a future potential park. Seems like an very interesting idea to me. We aren't talking about a huge tower. Anyway I'm hoping this goes through even if it isn't on the part of Mt Sequoyah I'd like.

I didn't have time to post this yesterday but looks like they are trying to build a three story overlook tower as part of the Ruskin Heights development. Although I was disappointed after I initially started reading the article in the Northwest Arkansas Times. When they talk about putting a scenic overlook tower on the top of Mt Sequoyah, I'm thinking of the very top part. Ruskin Heights is closer to Mission, while it might be on Mt Sequoyah I don't really consider that being the top of Mt Sequoyah. Still I think it would be nice to have. I know we've mentioned in the past how having a little overlook tower near the cross would be great. During the wamrer months you can't see a whole lot because of all the trees and vegetation. Anyway I was a little surprised the Parks Advisory Board didn't seem to welcome this with open arms. One membner even mentioned they didn't think there should be an 'ugly' tower as part of a future potential park. Seems like an very interesting idea to me. We aren't talking about a huge tower. Anyway I'm hoping this goes through even if it isn't on the part of Mt Sequoyah I'd like.

Doesn't Ruskin Heights have it's own topic yet? I bet it will earn one quickly. The guys are pushing this through without any delays so far.

I think the city planners and/or Sam's met with the drive-in while plans were being reviewed to make sure that the parking lot lights at Sam's wouldn't create light pollution that was detrimental to the drive-in. I hope they are right. I like having the drive-in in Fayetteville. It

Drive-In's never move... they just close. The state of Arkansas only has 3 functional drive-in's currently and is the lowest number for any state in the country. 112 Drive-In is safe so far because the developers in that area are actually promoting the area by including the drive-in as an amenity. 112 Drive-In has also upgraded to start showing "first-run" movies when they come out rather than waiting for them do drop out of the box-office.

Drive-In's never move... they just close. The state of Arkansas only has 3 functional drive-in's currently and is the lowest number for any state in the country. 112 Drive-In is safe so far because the developers in that area are actually promoting the area by including the drive-in as an amenity. 112 Drive-In has also upgraded to start showing "first-run" movies when they come out rather than waiting for them do drop out of the box-office.

The Park West Developers have mentioned that they will preserve the drive in theatre. Their development is suppose to run right next to it.

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but they've started putting up the lights around the square. The lighting should start on the weekend before Thanksgiving.

Yeah I noticed that, funny since the trees haven't even changed colors there yet.

It's nice to hear. I guess I hadn't noticed they were supporting it. I figured developers would want to move in on them.

I've noticed that there are first run movies now. That's pretty cool. It seems to me like this year, what with some of the animated and youth-oriented releases, the drive-in has been absolutely raging. I've driven up 112 several evenings when the line was backed up close to the fairgrounds to get into the lot. It actually deterred me from going this summer, but I'm very glad to hear they are planning to keep it in the mix. And yeah, i can't really see it moving either. Just going away when it eventually does close. Anyone know when the drive-in shuts for the season roughly?

Fayetteville also extended it's boundarys by nearly 1500 acres yesterday. The annexation vote passed easily. The city limits will now extend westward past Harmon road.

Am I also correct in thinking that now we won't be cut off from future possible annexations westward around Hwy 16?

Yeah I think that we don't have to worry about be blocked in from the west anymore. Unless Wedington Woods incorporates and expands... :rofl:

To be honest you never know. Although by that point Fayetteville could have already tried annexing that area already. I'm wondering just how far out Fayetteville might consider expanding.

Just thought I'd post this here as well. I was mainly doing this to show people outside of Fayetteville how the developments were laid out, in particular around Dickson St. But I also thought for the Square/downtown area I could also note some of the more significant buildings around the downtown. Either some of the taller buildings or some of the more historic ones.

faysq01nc5.jpg