Rise East Nashville/800 Main (2 - 10 stories, 376 apts., 50,540 sq. ft. office, 46,210 sq. ft. retail, 316 capacity garage, one acre outdoor space)

markhollin

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

Agree!  So what would they rather have.... a nice looking apartment block or a gravel parking lot packed with U-Haul trucks?  

You joke but a lot of disgruntled locals may take you up on keeping the gravel lot...

Edited by henburg
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

I hope not, but very possible. StructurLam did just shutter their Conway, AR facility due to “a large client backing out”. I presume the supplier/installer  will be StructureCraft as AJ used them on Nashville Warehouse. It seems like StructureCraft has had good luck with their delivery timelines too. When I toured the 1030 Music Row site, they said it arrived early and they needed additional lay down space. I believe they also outsource their GluLam supply to Binderholz out of Austria I’m pretty sure. 

Keeping my fingers crossed it doesn’t get VE’d out! I am in love with this project and really glad they decided to go back to the drawing board instead of building over the existing building. 

Someone smarter than me might be able to tell us if an SP that shows a specific construction type (mass timber) is contingent for the build.  If the SP passes are they allowed to switch to concrete, for instance?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CandyAisles said:

I don't disagree with the above commentary, however Historic Edgefield is full of long time residents who mostly never wanted to see Nashville grow to where it is today.  It's a lot of the reason why that particular neighborhood is difficult to deal with at times.

Actually, there are very few people left that bought in the 70s. We are the owners of an old house, I’ll always be grateful they fought to keep them. Because if they hadn’t, it would be a neighborhood full of those 80s looking townhouses on the 900 block of Russell. We have a newcomer’s brunch every year and there is always a steady stream of new people. More and more with kids. One of the most vocal now is from California, actually. It almost always comes down to quality of life issues. Most people I know are not against development.

Edgefield D , thank you for your insight . Sounds like you and many of your neighbors, have a open mind and understanding. I fully agree that development has to conform to its surroundings , and if 800 Main was say a 10 story storage facility or a juvenile delinquency halfway house that’s definitely something of concern. But as proposed it’s a good mix of desirable uses, including open green space. It would benefit to be a SP project, and hold to its conceptual design. As planned I believe it will add to a great vibrant neighborhood. My rant above comes from the pushback of the likes of City Lights residents, the recent Belle Meade Plaza discussion etc. projects that are of high quality, provide much needed alternative housing opportunities, green space and add to the overall vibrancy of a urban neighborhood. 

• Like 1