Rise East Nashville/800 Main (2 - 10 stories, 376 apts., 50,540 sq. ft. office, 46,210 sq. ft. retail, 316 capacity garage, one acre outdoor space)

markhollin

5 hours ago, Luvemtall said:

Edgefield D , thank you for your insight . Sounds like you and many of your neighbors, have an open mind and understanding. I fully agree that development has to conform to its surroundings , and if 800 Main was say a 10 story storage facility or a juvenile delinquency halfway house that’s definitely something of concern. But as proposed it’s a good mix of desirable uses, including open green space. It would benefit to be a SP project, and hold to its conceptual design. As planned I believe it will add to a great vibrant neighborhood. My rant above comes from the pushback of the likes of City Lights residents, the recent Belle Meade Plaza discussion etc. projects that are of high quality, provide much needed alternative housing opportunities, green space and add to the overall vibrancy of a urban neighborhood. 

Sure….I get that, and trust me. I don’t always agre with all of my neighbors. Everone has a different opinion of it. Sometimes a specific street is affected more than others and that affects peoples feelings on something. I personally like this plan….and like I said earlier, it’s outside of Edgefield. And anything, especially on Main, is fair game. Main has a long way to go to feel like a cohesive vibrant area. 

• Like 3

• markhollin changed the title to Rise East Nashville/800 Main (2 - 10 stories, 376 apts., 50,540 sq. ft. office, 46,210 sq. ft. retail, 316 capacity garage, one acre outdoor space)
5 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

If you ask me, I think the office and retail should be reversed. Put the office on Main and the retail on Woodland. Woodland is more of the retail street IMO than Main St. Woodland seems to get more pedestrians than Main and has more of a pedestrian vibe. When I walk in East Nashville I never walk on Main as my stay is limited to the Five Points area.

IDK, what do you guys think about that?

100%

• Like 1

8 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

If you ask me, I think the office and retail should be reversed. Put the office on Main and the retail on Woodland. Woodland is more of the retail street IMO than Main St. Woodland seems to get more pedestrians than Main and has more of a pedestrian vibe. When I walk in East Nashville I never walk on Main as my stay is limited to the Five Points area.

IDK, what do you guys think about that?

Makes sense to me!

• Like 1

On 4/5/2023 at 8:24 AM, CandyAisles said:

Someone smarter than me might be able to tell us if an SP that shows a specific construction type (mass timber) is contingent for the build.  If the SP passes are they allowed to switch to concrete, for instance?

I've asked this question to someone with a wealth of knowledge on the subject and no, the SP typically would not include language that would hold them to Mass Timber.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

I've asked this question to someone with a wealth of knowledge on the subject and no, the SP typically would not include language that would hold them to Mass Timber.

It needs to be documented then.  "Neighbors approve based on massing and construction type."

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

Sorry. Are you saying you want Mass Timber included in the SP?

That would be ideal.  Set precedent for development in the area.  I wouldn't be opposed to a concrete structure...but I don't like the optics of being presented with something superior to have the ole "bait and switch" done to the neighbors.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, CandyAisles said:

That would be ideal.  Set precedent for development in the area.  I wouldn't be opposed to a concrete structure...but I don't like the optics of being presented with something superior to have the ole "bait and switch" done to the neighbors.

Agreed. I think the developer committing to something like that would also go a long way with the community. 

On 4/8/2023 at 10:09 AM, markhollin said:

Rise East Nashville, April 8, 2023, diagram 6.png

Rise East Nashville, April 8, 2023, diagram 7.png

I also really hope this is how they are able to demise the retail areas. This could make those spaces alot more affordable to smaller shop owners.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bos2Nash said:

I also really hope this is how they are able to demise the retail areas. This could make those spaces alot more affordable to smaller shop owners.

There are an infinite number of universes representing every possible outcome of everything...except a universe that includes a retail demising outline like this.  Zero chance.  Would love it, but not gonna happen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...