IN PROGRESS: Capitol Cove

We're at the point where we are close to using a waiting list for apartments. There is certainly huge (and underserved) demand for rental downtown living.

I completely agree - the demand for moderate amenity - moderate rent apartments is increasing and will surely increase once these other projects come online. The city is about to enter a huge residential boom coupled with improved regional transportation (MBTA to BOS and TF Green Airport, the IWay project) and an influx of activity in general (new hotels, revamped Civic Center, etc.). The city is already desirable with it's restaurants and night life as well as first class medical institutions that are expanding themsleves. Excellent higher education options and a good mix of strong companies (Citizens, Fidelity, CVS, etc.) surely adds to the appeal too. And if thats not enough for you, Boston is only an hour away with 15 trains each weekday to commute (at a fraction of the cost to live in Boston).

I'll have one of those coffees too please...

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh, well then, we're all planning to rent apartments/buy condos in this place as soon as possible right? And we'll be buying double fat tall skinnicino mocha frappe carmelichiato grandes at whatever coffee emporium settles there twice daily. Right everyone? We're all eager to buy and spend there, now get building. :whistling:

hahaha

i guess whatever floats your boat

apartments are very hot for the next couple years until people start to rent out their condos

thats the industry analysis you can find on www.nareit.com

ch ch ch check it out

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I drove by this site today and just happened to notice some dirt had been turned over or graded and there was a small movable crane on the site. Ive seen crews there a lot before. Does anyone know what exactly they are doing?

That area with a nice row of brick apartments would feel very much like the lower end of Comm Ave. in Boston. :thumbsup:

Ugh, hopefully they're doing something. I must say, if they don't get cracking soon this is a parcel that I'd like to see eminent domained. It's crazy that the numbers can't be worked out for housing right at the train station. :rolleyes:

Like I said before. ( I think ). Parcel 9, which is now known as GTECH, did not come about untill former Mayor Cianci made it so. Because he became unpatient with what was NOT happening at that site. If only he was here to direct what wa happening @ parcel 6!

Oh boy. Another one who dosen't pay attention, and thinks they know it all. The Capital Center Commission let parcel nine lay there without any proposals brought fought. Former Mayor Cianci threathen to take the land by eminent domain if something wasen't built on the land. Then, here comes the Wasserman group with their proposal for parcel 9. Everything looked good for a 9 story building untill the law firm of Edwards & Angell, who would have been the major tenant, backed out. Why? Because their landlord, Bank of America, threathen to give their business to another law firm unless they stayed put. SO YES! MAYOR CIANCI MADE THIS PARCEL PROPOSAL MOVE FORWARD! Even isn't wasen't by the Wassermans.

Lots of clanging, booming, and moving around of dirt today, and I'm not talking about this forum. I'm talking about Capitol Cove, aka MoMA Providence, aka IKEA Providence, aka place to buy bread-and-milk, aka insert-mirage-here. With all the dirt rearranging maybe they're planning a motocross park.

Archived