IN PROGRESS: Capitol Cove

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For what itsy-bitsy it's worth, Capitol Cove has a website devoid of any information at:

http://www.capitolcove.net/

There's a link there to contact them as well.

- Garris

Nice find, Garris. I check the internet for info on this project at least once a week with no results. I guess this is a positive note. :huh: Oh, now I know what I was doing wrong. I was spelling it capital instead of capitol. :wacko:

So according to the website, Capitol Cove is going to be " the newest and most exclusive condominium project to be built in Providence"... <chuckles>

So what does that make 110, Westin and Waterplace?

I have to say that it is hard to argue with thier claim.

It is VERY likely that if they ever build something there then they will finish after the other projects so they will be newer. As far as exclusivity goes, time will tell but if they could be very exclusive.

Remember that exclusivity does not equal quality. Bailey's beach in Newport is one of the most exclusive beach clubs in the US but it is far from one of the nicest.

I'm very anxious for this project to get going. I live at the top of Benefit St. and would love to have the riverwalk extend closer to my place. Is it true that there is a plan for some small retail space at ground level? Enough for a coffee shop (not starbucks or DD please) or cafe? I'd love to be able to run down there quick for coffee or breakfaset. Right now all we've got is Whole Foods...

• 3 weeks later...

Any idea when the apartments might start construction?

That's been the big question for about 3 years now, and it's currently looking like condos, not apartments... They are presenting at a zoning board hearing in late August. Supposedly, they have three months from now to start that project or, I believe, the city will essentially be able to have it placed back up for sale.

- Garris

lil bird told me this project's financing is still being analyzed

smaller competitors are vying for the same chance to finance the project as the larger established lenders

smaller competitors in lending can undercut the larger competition and will take more chances with the risk of lending

it will be interesting to see how far the larger establishments will go to lend money for the project

my guess is that it will get done before the leaves start falling

also of note, everyone is looking at this forum for info on all sorts of aspects of the providence development market

you'd be amazed how far up the chain this goes not just in RI but other areas of the region and country...

lil bird told me this project's financing is still being analyzed

smaller competitors are vying for the same chance to finance the project as the larger established lenders

smaller competitors in lending can undercut the larger competition and will take more chances with the risk of lending

it will be interesting to see how far the larger establishments will go to lend money for the project

my guess is that it will get done before the leaves start falling

also of note, everyone is looking at this forum for info on all sorts of aspects of the providence development market

you'd be amazed how far up the chain this goes not just in RI but other areas of the region and country...

HAs any one else noticed the growing mound of dirt being piled each day. Also a bull dozer has been working their too.

HAs any one else noticed the growing mound of dirt being piled each day. Also a bull dozer has been working their too.

Well, we've been teased with bull dozers, heavy machinery, fences, etc. before. Until we see an "Approved and financed" article in the ProJo complete with renders, and until we see steel start to go up, I don't think any of us will get that enthused yet... No pleading to Cotuit to change it to "In Progress" quite yet :D.

T minus 3 months!

- Garris

Yes, I get complimented quite often on the completeness of the information on here. People are often shocked that we know the things we know, and that's thanks to everyone who contributes here. :)

The Capitol Cove site, the one that previously pronouced CC to be, "the newest and most exclusive condominium project to be built in Providence" now says:

"Sorry! This site is temporarily unavailable."

That's a step backwards... :(.

- Garris

The Capitol Cove site, the one that previously pronouced CC to be, "the newest and most exclusive condominium project to be built in Providence" now says:

"Sorry! This site is temporarily unavailable."

That's a step backwards... :(.

- Garris

In this week's PBN there is an exclusive section for Providence. One of the articles concerning condo's stated that the Capitol Cove project has been delayed due to the licensing needs of the city. The project is about 4 months away from starting.

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

I thought this project was going to be on the second August ZBR meeting docket, but it is the first one. Capitol Cove will be heard by the ZBR tomorrow night (Tuesday, August 8).

The signage for the hotel at the Masonic Temple will be heard too. They are requesting 9 exterior signs.

I thought this project was going to be on the second August ZBR meeting docket, but it is the first one. Capitol Cove will be heard by the ZBR tomorrow night (Tuesday, August 8).

The signage for the hotel at the Masonic Temple will be heard too. They are requesting 9 exterior signs.

The ZBR meeting is August 22nd, not the 8th....

just about gave me a heart attack as we have a hearing...

The ZBR meeting is August 22nd, not the 8th....

just about gave me a heart attack as we have a hearing...

I've love to know a clarification on this, since I'm really interested in the arguments and outcomes relating to both issues.

- Garris

I've love to know a clarification on this, since I'm really interested in the arguments and outcomes relating to both issues.

- Garris

There are 2 ZBR meeting nights in August since there wasn't a July meeting. I thought Capitol Cove was supposed to be on the August 22 meeting, but I received my packet over the weekend and the docket for August 8 included Capitol Cove and the Masonic Temple.

Eltron, the GENS hearing that was continued from the last meeting is listed on the August 8 docket too. You may need to freak out again.

I just called the ZBR staff person to clarify the meeting dates and will post the correct one when I hear.

Archived