IN PROGRESS: Capitol Cove

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I truly believe this project, if it happens, is far more significant to downtown than Waterplace, the westin, or 110. Whenever I talk about the current condo projects in the city, the response is the same: "are there really that many rich people in Rhode Island?" Maybe, I couldn't tell you. But what I can say is that there are tons of young people who love the city and want to live in downtown, but just cant afford it. There arent many options out there. I for one, as a college student, would be very interested in one of these units. I love the location and heck, if it brings down the price a little. Ill live by the tracks

I truly believe this project, if it happens, is far more significant to downtown than Waterplace, the westin, or 110. Whenever I talk about the current condo projects in the city, the response is the same: "are there really that many rich people in Rhode Island?" Maybe, I couldn't tell you. But what I can say is that there are tons of young people who love the city and want to live in downtown, but just cant afford it. There arent many options out there. I for one, as a college student, would be very interested in one of these units. I love the location and heck, if it brings down the price a little. Ill live by the tracks

I would have much rather seen this land marketed for business than an apartment complex that will undoubtedly sit empty for awhile and be a hangout for grafitti artists. I don't know where this idea that the apartments will be affordable came from but the rendering does nothing for me. It could add to the streetscape or look like Villa Rio in Warwick. That is how vague the renderings look. The addition to the riverwalk is nice , but again, I think Pvd is going down the road ...let's put something there rather than look at the future of the central city as an economic/transportation hub. Let's throw in a whole bunch of housing and hope it all sticks....

Archived