SouthEnd High-Rise Projects

Blue_Devil

19 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Clue the music again the CARY Files strike again.  This is with RAM co-developer of next door Lowes Tech Tower with their 121 West tower.  

31-story vertically mixed-use building with 333 apartments,
hospitality suites, co-working spaces, and ~13,600 sf of ground
floor retail. The project will occupy a prominent corner in South
End Charlotte, adding density and a mix of uses in a transit-
oriented development

The CARY Files the gift that keeps on giving!

https://carync.app.box.com/s/o2lockq82x1yg8pkd3qozawvrhwjggoa/folder/214543092129

Here is the project in accela

https://aca-prod.accela.com/CHARLOTTE/Cap/CapDetail.aspx?Module=LandDevelopment&TabName=LandDevelopment&capID1=22LDU&capID2=00000&capID3=00049&agencyCode=CHARLOTTE&IsToShowInspection=

• Like 3

On 7/27/2023 at 9:29 AM, CLT Development said:

Fín

SOUTH-END.jpg

My 2 reactions: 

• Why is the Elder Gallery parcel and the stretch from Summit to Park west of Tryon not targeted for any redevelopment/use intensification?  Seems like a prime spot for enhancement.
  • There are 4/5 mature oaks lining the east-side of Tryon just north of the intersection with Camden.  I don't want to lose those as part of a 3-year construction process only to be replaced by saplings.  Can't these developers work around this?
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, RANYC said:

My 2 reactions: 

• Why is the Elder Gallery parcel and the stretch from Summit to Park west of Tryon not targeted for any redevelopment/use intensification?  Seems like a prime spot for enhancement.
  • There are 4/5 mature oaks lining the east-side of Tryon just north of the intersection with Camden.  I don't want to lose those as part of a 3-year construction process only to be replaced by saplings.  Can't these developers work around this?

Probably just not selling. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RANYC said:

My 2 reactions: 

There's actually a mid rise residential building planned on the parcel between Park Ave and Elder Gallery. I just haven't heard about it in a while, so I didn't add it.

Edited by CLT Development
  • Like 2

Fín

SOUTH-END.jpg

This is great, but also kind of funny. The fact that Charlotte is completely unwilling to allow significant density outside of the south boulevard corridor and continues to artificially inflate the surrounding single-family neighborhoods' values is why we won't ever solve our housing crisis. Eventually, something will have to give and people will not be able to freeze the surrounding neighborhoods in time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Fín

SOUTH-END.jpg

I'm kind of confused about the towers across the street from Office Depot on South. It seems 1619 South Boulevard (the Wells Fargo site at South/Kingston) and 1601 South Boulevard (the adjacent retail redevelopment at South/Park) are both in permitting. However, they both have 371 units, 376 spaces, and 6577 sf and 6459 sf of retail respectively, with different amounts of open space. Is it possible these are twin apartment towers, or is it just a mistake in the permitting system? Just pointing this out in case anyone knows any further details

1619 South: https://aca-prod.accela.com/CHARLOTTE/Cap/CapDetail.aspx?Module=LandDevelopment&TabName=LandDevelopment&capID1=23LDU&capID2=00000&capID3=00037&agencyCode=CHARLOTTE

1601 South: https://aca-prod.accela.com/CHARLOTTE/Cap/CapDetail.aspx?Module=LandDevelopment&TabName=LandDevelopment&capID1=23LDU&capID2=00000&capID3=00021&agencyCode=CHARLOTTE

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, buildleft said:

I'm kind of confused about the towers across the street from Office Depot on South. It seems 1619 South Boulevard (the Wells Fargo site at South/Kingston) and 1601 South Boulevard (the adjacent retail redevelopment at South/Park) are both in permitting. However, they both have 371 units, 376 spaces, and 6577 sf and 6459 sf of retail respectively, with different amounts of open space. Is it possible these are twin apartment towers, or is it just a mistake in the permitting system? Just pointing this out in case anyone knows any further details

1619 South: https://aca-prod.accela.com/CHARLOTTE/Cap/CapDetail.aspx?Module=LandDevelopment&TabName=LandDevelopment&capID1=23LDU&capID2=00000&capID3=00037&agencyCode=CHARLOTTE

1601 South: https://aca-prod.accela.com/CHARLOTTE/Cap/CapDetail.aspx?Module=LandDevelopment&TabName=LandDevelopment&capID1=23LDU&capID2=00000&capID3=00021&agencyCode=CHARLOTTE

I believe they are twin towers, hence my rendering, I did not realize they were both in permitting tho. I'm not sure why they would each have the same amount of spaces vs one parking deck. Thank you for pointing this out, I did this graphic from memory and am still confirming all statuses while I write the article.

Edited by CLT Development
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, CLT Development said:

I believe they are twin towers, hence my rendering, I did not realize they were both in permitting tho. I'm not sure why they would each have the same amount of spaces vs one parking deck. Thank you for pointing this out, I did this graphic from memory and am still confirming all statuses while I write the article.

Ah thanks, I guess I was just confused as to why they wouldn't be filed jointly as they seem to be progressing together, but I've just realized the parcels are thinly separated. And many thanks for putting together this graphic, it's really helpful to sort things out visually

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

There is plenty of room in uptown for more high rise development.  Lots of vacant acreage and even more under used parcels.

Mid-town Charlotte would be my other answer. There are two that are pretty close, Northwood and that other apartment hotel combo. I imagine that kickstarts the development of more there

• Like 1