Economic Conditions - Nashville, TN, U.S., Global

Mr_Bond

33 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Again, you can't fix Stupid! I am sure these folks are saying, "I aint waren no mask and its a hoax!"

Yes, it's stupid, but it is stupid fed a diet of misinformation from so called "news" sources and "led" by a state government of folks too afraid of alienating a single voter to do anything to mitigate the situation. 

It's stupidity and sadly, willful ignorance.

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nash_12South said:

Yes, it's stupid, but it is stupid fed a diet of misinformation from so called "news" sources and "led" by a state government of folks too afraid of alienating a single voter to do anything to mitigate the situation. 

It's stupidity and sadly, willful ignorance.

Pick your poison, bc in New York the governor shutting down everything (also like California) is absolutely criminal. 

im frustrated Lee had not done a state wide mask mandate, but I would rather live in a state that is still open than see so many business lose everything bc of the governor and mayor, only to see them break their own Covid regulations. 

1 minute ago, Nash_12South said:

I agree with your points, but there is a middle ground between shutting everything down (which I don't agree with) and doing nothing, and doing nothing is where TN is currently.  We should be seeing pro mask, pro responsible behavior PSAs on every TV station in the state, just like we were seeing political ads. Our elected officials just mumble platitudes. 

I know this conversation vears into politics, and we shouldn't, but politics is governing our response, not science. 

I agree. Mask mandate and fines for those not abiding, but no shutdown. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nash_12South said:

We should be seeing pro mask, pro responsible behavior PSAs on every TV station in the state, just like we were seeing political ads. Our elected officials just mumble platitudes.

This ad runs several times during every Titans/UT game. I have a hard time believing it's not on TV at other times.

There are also at least two billboards with the same campaign between my house and office.

6 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Again, you can't fix Stupid! I am sure these folks are saying, "I aint waren no mask and its a hoax!"

I just got back to work after having COVID for the past 2 weeks. One of our clients asked where I was and I told him I was under quarantine with the virus. He straight up told me, in all seriousness, that the virus was fake and that I probably had something else. <_<

It's beyond me how people can still believe something like that after almost a year of this.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, CaptainJilliams said:

I just got back to work after having COVID for the past 2 weeks. One of our clients asked where I was and I told him I was under quarantine with the virus. He straight up told me, in all seriousness, that the virus was fake and that I probably had something else. <_<

It's beyond me how people can still believe something like that after almost a year of this.

Thank God you’re ok. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, CaptainJilliams said:

Sorry you had it and too bad your client didnt catch it to make a believer out of him. So many Morons out there that believe every conspiracy theory now. Guess they think Elvis is still alive living with Hitler in Argentina. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CaptainJilliams said:

Sorry to hear about that, but glad you are ok now

• Thanks 1

The Sheraton Grand Nashville is now up for sale.

As of July, the Sheraton was valued at $183 million, a 33.8% dip from 2018, according to data from the filings, and it could be worth even less now. In turn, investors could have to make a choice between buying a hotel whose value may not stack up against its total owed expenses, or waiting for a possible foreclosure that could spark a discounted price.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/12/18/sheraton-downtown.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_34&cx_artPos=0#cxrecs_s

• Sad 3

Tennessee just crossed over the 6,000 death plateau from Covid-19.  Here are some sobering numbers:

First death: March 1st

1,000th death: July 29th (151 days)

2,000th death: Sept. 12th (44 days)

3,000th death: Oct. 22nd (39 days)

4,000th death: Nov. 18th  (27 days)

5,000th death: Dec. 7th (19 days) 

6,000th death: Dec. 19th (12 days)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, markhollin said:

Tennessee just crossed over the 6,000 death plateau from Covid-19.  Here are some sobering numbers:

What are the odds we'll see 7,000 before the end of 2020?

1 hour ago, markhollin said:

Governor Lee is signing executive order to limit public gatherings to 10 people, encourages work from home as Covid cases surge across the state.

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/12/21/lee-limits-gatherings.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_34&cx_artPos=1#cxrecs_s

Essentially worthless. It seems to apply mainly to school athletic events. Exemptions to homes, churches and related establishments. No mask mandate, which is what most all medical folks are asking for. 

I will say that my other half attended a Wilson county high school basketball game last week and said 80% of adults and 99% of kids were maskless with no enforcement.

• Like 1

I really think a mask mandate in this state would be worthless, as people are too stupid to follow it. Lee has said over and over again that the people of the Great State of Tennessee are responsible and know what to do. Boy was he wrong! A lot of the people that voted for him will not even acknowledge the virus is anything other than a hoax, much less do the right thing.

The canary in the coal mine died a long time ago and many of these folks didn't even know what a canary was. If you they not follow the rules then they deserve to get what is coming to them, unfortunately when they  do that they  are stepping on my rights as I have to breath the same freaking air as they do. These people do not have an issue of stepping all over my rights as they are a bunch of self centered hypocrites.

Again, you cannot fix STUPID! Remember Elvis is living with Hitler in Argentina. Don't forget to wear your tin foil hats to keep the government and the aliens from reading your mind. Ten years ago if I had said the majority of the right would buy in to conspiracy theories, folks would have said I was on drugs.

51 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

I really think a mask mandate in this state would be worthless, as people are too stupid to follow it. Lee has said over and over again that the people of the Great State of Tennessee are responsible and know what to do. Boy was he wrong! A lot of the people that voted for him will not even acknowledge the virus is anything other than a hoax, much less do the right thing.

The canary in the coal mine died a long time ago and many of these folks didn't even know what a canary was. If you they not follow the rules then they deserve to get what is coming to them, unfortunately when they  do that they  are stepping on my rights as I have to breath the same freaking air as they do. These people do not have an issue of stepping all over my rights as they are a bunch of self centered hypocrites.

Again, you cannot fix STUPID! Remember Elvis is living with Hitler in Argentina. Don't forget to wear your tin foil hats to keep the government and the aliens from reading your mind. Ten years ago if I had said the majority of the right would buy in to conspiracy theories, folks would have said I was on drugs.

I agree it would be mostly worthless, but the anti-mask crowd uses the governor's refusal to issue a mask mandate as just one more justification for not wearing one.  They should be doing many more PSA's on appropriate behavior  with commercials designed to embarrass non wearers. I watch too much TV and haven't seen any TN created PSAs in a  while. The state sponsored anti drunk driving commercials are all over the place right now.

The anti vaxer crowd has a hard time justifying their stance when their own politicians are getting shots on TV. Even the pretense of doing something would be better than saying - we should wear masks, for 30 seconds followed by 3 minutes of justification on why you won't mandate it.

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 1

On 12/17/2020 at 2:28 PM, CaptainJilliams said:

You were probably nicer to this person than I would have been. I guess that's a good exercise in self control if he is a client and you had no choice but to remain silent with his ignorance.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

With 55 more precious souls passing away yesterday, Tennessee has now crossed over the 7,000 death plateau from Covid-19.  Here are some sobering numbers:

7,000th death: Jan. 2nd: (13 days)

• Like 1
  • Sad 3