Voce Hotel & Residences (25 stories; 116 suite luxury hotel; 194 condo units; 60,000 sq. ft. office; 11,000 sq. ft. retail; 4,000 sq. ft. restaurant; 700 capacity garage)

Craiger

• markhollin changed the title to Voce Hotel & Residences (25 stories; 116 suite luxury hotel; 194 condo units; 60,000 sq. ft. office; 11,000 sq. ft. retail; 4,000 sq. ft. restaurant; 700 capacity garage)
3 hours ago, markhollin said:

A spring 2024 start date is planned and pre-sales have begun for the 194 condos.  These are 4 more units than previously listed.  There will be 116 suite style hotel rooms (4 less than previously announced).  Still 60,000 sq. ft. of office space. 

Voce will offer one-, two- and three-bedroom condos priced starting in the $500,000s. Three-bedroom units will start at $1.5 million, with the building to offer up to nine penthouses. Owners will have the option to choose between three furnished designs if they opt into the hotel model.

the Voce rooftop deck will boast a 4,000-square-foot restaurant/bar adjacent to a pool, with the deck to offer views of Nashville’s downtown and Midtown skylines. The Voce restaurant will provide à la carte food and beverage service to both hotel guests and residents.

Other amenities will include a fitness center, full-time concierge services, golf simulator lounge, bike storage and shop, co-working spaces with conference rooms, designated parking spaces, valet service, package delivery and pick-up center, rideshare portico and 2,500-square-foot outdoor dog park.

In addition, Voce will include 2,600 square feet of covered terraces placed throughout each of the two office floors, about 11,000 square feet of ground-floor commercial retail space and 700 covered parking spaces.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/real-estate-notes-spring-start-eyed-for-midtown-tower/article_fd9322a0-6d26-11ee-a4fa-6feafe1f3cff.html

An additional new rendering:

Screen Shot 2023-10-18 at 8.06.19 AM.png

700 parking spaces seems really excessive?

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Rick Dalton said:

Cool project. Should add some life to the area. Like it or not, Nashville is a car city.

I'll also throw in that with 1, 2 and 3 bedroom units, you'll have more than 1 person living in many units. I'll also add that the more parking you have the taller the building might be, if height matters...

Edited by Nash_12South
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Nash_12South said:

I'll also throw in that with 1, 2 and 3 bedroom units, you'll have more than 1 person living in many units. I'll also add that the more parking you have the taller the building might be, if height matters...

This is an AirBNB, similar to the Odyssey in West End Park. The vast majority of residents will not live here, and will instead be renting their units out short term. 

3 minutes ago, Nash_12South said:

Just my opinion - At some point our AirBNB craze will slow down and buildings that think beyond it will do better than ones with limited parking. The STR next to us (4 units), that for years was totally tourists shifted to 2 long term rental units this summer (2 are still STR). The 4 (on site) parking spaces, that worked fine for tourists, can't accommodate the 8+ students that moved in (attending a very close Belmont) all of whom brought cars. 

I think and hope you are right. There are a number of buildings built specifically for AirBNB usage in the past few years. Also many townhome developments created solely for this purpose. I used to think the impact on housing prices was minimal but I am coming around to the belief that the impact is in the  3-5% range on prices. 

• Like 1