Shops at Greenridge

gs3

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. That is a large project for so few dining options. Even though I do forget Panera and Brixx, it seems Panera is more of a lunch crowd and Brixx will probably be more for night traffic. There are so many restaurants Greenville still does not have. Any new word on Cheesecake Factory coming?

And don't forget Salsarita's, too.

Here's the reply that I got from Laura Griffin at Crosland:

So far starting with the parcel to the right of the shopping center main entrance we have PF Chang's (no construction yet), Small Shop building (steel up and under roof), Mimi's Cafe (wood construction) and then another small shop building (vertical as of Friday 11/18/05). There will be a Red Robin to the left of the Village buildings. Hope that answers your question. If not, let me know. Thanks

Red Robin? Isn't that the name of the gas station across the street? :blink:

I was thinking exactly the same thing when I read it, NYT. The one with all the flags out front, and used to have a lot of signs in the windows I believe. :P

The Red Robin link, for the gourmet burgers and mixed drinks, looks cool. I hope that's what it is.

I went to Total Wine & More at Greenridge for the first time last Wednesday, and I absolutely love that place! It has a nice layout, pleasing displays, and a great selection. Picked up several outstanding bottles of wine at really good prices. Now I'm reminiscing since I just arrived back in Charleston after a nice few days in Greenville!

Surprisingly I went to Greenridge Friday and I was surprised that there weren't more people there - got a close parking space around lunchtime and had no problem turning to the right back on Woodruff Rd. :lol:

That's because of the "mass exodus for meals." Everybody leaves Greenridge at Lunchtime and Dinner time to go eat somewhere else. Other than Panera and Salsarita's, there's really no place to dine out there just yet. That'll hopefully change when Brixx, P.F. Chang's, Mimi's Cafe, and Red Robin open though. :thumbsup:

I went to Total Wine & More at Greenridge for the first time last Wednesday, and I absolutely love that place! It has a nice layout, pleasing displays, and a great selection. Picked up several outstanding bottles of wine at really good prices. Now I'm reminiscing since I just arrived back in Charleston after a nice few days in Greenville!

It is a pretty cool store and it does have steep discounts on a great selection, that's for sure. I think there's a Total Wine & More in Charleston, too, but it's half the size of this one from what I've been told.

I've found that if you want to shop on Woodruff Rd., do it on a Tuesday night. It's a pleasure! :shades:

Great tip NYT! :)

Noticed this morning that poles are going up for stoplights at the intersection of The Point and Woodruff (the entrance to The Point on the Circuit City end). This is going to be too many stoplights too close together in my opinion. Not sure if it's going to help or impede traffic flow. :unsure:

Those poles have been laying in the median between Woodruff and the I-385/I-85 on-ramp for a few weeks. I was wondering what they were going to be used for and suspected they were for a light at this very intersection. :sick:

You're right. I fear this will be too many lights and it will only serve to cause people to push yet another light and block yet another intersection. :whistling:

Noticed this morning that poles are going up for stoplights at the intersection of The Point and Woodruff (the entrance to The Point on the Circuit City end). This is going to be too many stoplights too close together in my opinion. Not sure if it's going to help or impede traffic flow. :unsure:

I am assuming that this would be in the City Limits... so, (fingers crossed) are these the black poles with arms and not wood or that ugly unfinished metal look with lights dangling from a rope?

While I don't want to say that the Greenville Police are gung ho about Traffic Enforcement, they do a much better job than any other local department, and that being said, even with a light there, they won't tolerate soccer moms and office park dads tying up traffic and blocking the intersection on the busiest throughfare in Greenville.

Those poles have been laying in the median between Woodruff and the I-385/I-85 on-ramp for a few weeks. I was wondering what they were going to be used for and suspected they were for a light at this very intersection. :sick:

You're right. I fear this will be too many lights and it will only serve to cause people to push yet another light and block yet another intersection. :whistling:

Good and bad I sense. Good, this intersection is getting a singal. It well help being able to turn than driving through the Shops @ The Point parking lot. Bad, these signals along Woodruff Road are not synchronized. It is quite stupid for the lights to be green and everyone uses the road for a parking lot. Holiday rush or not, this is currently the busiest stretch of road possibly in the upstate. Unfortunately, SCDOT does not appear interested in improving and reconstructing Wooruff Road's interchanges with 85 and 385.

^ There seems to be a good number of interchanges that SC DOT ignores....the entire 85/385/Woodruff needs a major overhaul! Pelham at 85, Butler at 385, and probably the most needy, Laurens at 85. Compared to other states I've lived in, SC DOT seems slow to react.

^ There seems to be a good number of interchanges that SC DOT ignores....the entire 85/385/Woodruff needs a major overhaul! Pelham at 85, Butler at 385, and probably the most needy, Laurens at 85. Compared to other states I've lived in, SC DOT seems slow to react.

All those intersections require necessary improvements. I am sure they will be addressed in years to come.

85/385/Woodruff Road is a disaster. You have two busy interstates and one state highway that has interchanges with both interestates. The next phase of 385's widening project ito six lanes is from 85 down to the Golden Strip. Two partial cloverleaf ramps, 85 S to 385 S and 385 N to 85 S, should be replaced with flyover ramps. 385 will require new bridges over 85 to meet new Interstate regulations. I think Exit 34 (Butler Road) is okay for a few more years.

Woodruff Road could use SPUIs at both interchanges, but its crossover on 385 is diagonal. Ditto for Pelham Road at 85. It was no problem for 85 @ Nations Ford Road in Charlotte.

Laurens Road at 85 is a project in itself.

Here's the reply that I got from Laura Griffin at Crosland:

Maybe I am wrong but there appears to be more than one restaurant on the right side of the entrance in addition to the smaller buildings? I know one is Mimi's but I was under the impression that the other one was a Firebird's. The building thus far looks identical to the one in Charlotte, especially with the stone fireplaces that you can see taking shape. Who knows?

Red Robin is great...a huge menu with all sorts of food items, huge milkshakes, and a really big alcoholic beverage selection (for those who drink)! Imagine a Rock-Ola (sp?) only 100 times nicer in every aspect.

Maybe I am wrong but there appears to be more than one restaurant on the right side of the entrance in addition to the smaller buildings? I know one is Mimi's but I was under the impression that the other one was a Firebird's. The building thus far looks identical to the one in Charlotte, especially with the stone fireplaces that you can see taking shape. Who knows?

Red Robin is great...a huge menu with all sorts of food items, huge milkshakes, and a really big alcoholic beverage selection (for those who drink)! Imagine a Rock-Ola (sp?) only 100 times nicer in every aspect.

The one with the stone fireplaces and slate shingles is Mimi's. P.F. Chang's Chinese Bistro is coming to the right-hand side of that main entrance soon, too.

Red Robin will be on the left over by Best Buy, I believe.

Archived