Shops at Greenridge

gs3

Putting a BiLo in where Burlington and Office Max are. ( I believe that BiLo owns that property and building anyways)

I'm sorry, but not another BiLo. There are two right close by on Pleasantburg. Also, there are other grocery chains that i consider to be of better quality.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see Wegmans come to the old site. With the number of people that are relocating here to Greenville from PA, NY, NJ, MA, MD, etc, I'm sure that they would be all over a Wegmans. Plus, its the perfect mix of Fresh Market and Publix for those who haven't been there. The bakery is top notch, with a brick oven and even a wood fired oven in some stores.

People come here from NY? :shades:

I notice some of y'all are hankerin' for a Wegmans, and I couldn't resist posting. :D I'm from Greer, but I've been visiting Rochester -- and Wegmans -- on and off for a few years now. Last time I flew up, I took an Independence Air flight and wound up sitting next to one of the executives from Wegmans. I actually mentioned that Greenville would be a great spot for a future Wegmans -- silly, I know, but she said that Wegmans eventually plans to branch out all over the Eastern Seaboard. So don't lose hope, Wegmans fans! :) It might be a while before we see one, but I really think we will.

..also, yay, first post on the forums.

Welcome to the forum PalmettoChick! I love Rochester! But only in the summer. :D

Anybody else agree the Michaels/BCF shopping center looks pretty rough? I'd like to see BCF move to Verdae and a grocery store or something open up in the old OfficeMax/Burlington stores and revamp the entire center. It could use it :blink:

I think they should just raze the whole thing and do something totally different with it. It has such a bad location. You can't hardly see it from Laurens Rd, It's a pain to turn left across Haywood and then on the other side it's the same with Woodruff. Bad Location. A grocery store would do much better at Verdae. Especially with the Verdae project, but also with Gower/Parkins Mill Rd Area- would do better with gower folks only because there would be easier access from Gower...

The fam and I went to the Shops at Greenridge last night at around 4:30. It was a mass exodus and everybody was headed to the one and only exit onto Woodruff Road that doesn't immediately turn into an entrance ramp for I-85/I-385. What's worse is that there is no 4-way stop at the crossroads just before exiting, so people were blocking the intersection and not playing nice with one another. Traffic was insane! :wacko:

It seems that everybody was finishing up their shopping and heading out to dinner elsewhere. Maybe that'll change once a few more dining options are available at Greenridge, I hope. :unsure:

BTW. The prices on Yankee Candles are actually better at Linens N' Things than at the Yankee Candle store. Add the 20% Grand Opening discount on top of that, too. :whistling:

I'm sorry, but not another BiLo. There are two right close by on Pleasantburg. Also, there are other grocery chains that i consider to be of better quality.

The two South Pleasantburg Drive Bi-Los are atleast 1.5 miles apart. They do much business. The one closer to Greenville Tech is considering adding an in-store pharmacy.

Bi-Lo's return to Laurens Road would be nice to see. It was unfortunate they closed the Marketplace store in 2000 becasue the widening project caused sales to decline. I hear they would like to locate close to the Haywood Road (Burlington Coat Factory) or Woodruff Road (Pep Boys) intersections. BCF's lease is close to expiring.

Forgot to mention this, while we're on the subject of the Shops at Greenridge...

If anyone goes into the Total Wine & More, check out the huge banner of the Downtown Greenville Skyline to your right as you walk in the door (hanging above the refrigerated cases past the cash registers). I'd love to have that (minus the Bud Light Emblem) hanging on the wall in my bonus room. :thumbsup:

A friend that I work with knows someone that works at Greenville Mall and they said that BCF was exploring opportunitues there a few months ago. Would be a step down from Drexel Heritage, Parisian, Harold's, W. Sonoma, etc! I would rather them stay where they are actually - I'd rather fight trying to turn in to that shopping center than get in Woodruff Rd traffic!

Actually, all it requires is a bit of common sense on behalf of Greenville County and SCDOT traffic engineers, but I'm afraid that would be asking too much. Put a light with turn arrow at the entrance to the old Dillards, and an arrow at the entrance between Wards and Palmetto. Plus that would control some of the speeding on that section of Woodruff.

Actually, all it requires is a bit of common sense on behalf of Greenville County and SCDOT traffic engineers, but I'm afraid that would be asking too much. Put a light with turn arrow at the entrance to the old Dillards, and an arrow at the entrance between Wards and Palmetto. Plus that would control some of the speeding on that section of Woodruff.

I second that. Raising the speed limit from 35 to 40 would help as well.

Harold's should be moving to Greenridge by the end of February. An employee at the store confirmed that it will only be a women's store but the website shows the coming soon location as men's and women's.

http://www.harolds.com/harolds/storelocator.aspx#sc

Personally I would prefer them to keep the men's line because it's not that expensive and I usually do most of my Christmas shopping there because it's not ordinary like most of the places at Haywood. I called the corporate office to express my concern and they were very nice, yet did not seem to know which way the store would go. If anyone wants to call the number is 214-366-0600 and you actually speak with very nice, live people. If anyone else shops there, please call and maybe they will keep their men's line at the new store....Thanks

I agree. That is a large project for so few dining options. Even though I do forget Panera and Brixx, it seems Panera is more of a lunch crowd and Brixx will probably be more for night traffic. There are so many restaurants Greenville still does not have. Any new word on Cheesecake Factory coming?

And don't forget P.F.Changs and Mimi's Cafe.

Archived