Sports Thread

Tennessine

6 hours ago, PHofKS said:

Hey neighbor! Section 310!! And the pizza place was recognized by Time Magazine a year ago or so as the best pizza place in the State of Tennessee.

No way! My dad has PSLs in 310 row V I believe. Spent many a Sunday in those seats. Will be there this weekend for the first time in years!

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 4:39 PM, Nashvillain said:

^But sports is a business and if the product's no good (or not exceptional or exciting or name your adjective), why should people buy it? Especially considering the cost of tickets, etc., etc. 

It certainly a popular opinion. But seemingly the Buffalo's, Cleveland's, and Chicago's are immune to the fickle-ness. Plus, ticket prices here are (by NFL scale) completely reasonable. I've been to NY and Dallas and trust me, Titans tickets are a bargain by comparison. 

18 hours ago, titanfan24 said:

It certainly a popular opinion. But seemingly the Buffalo's, Cleveland's, and Chicago's are immune to the fickle-ness. Plus, ticket prices here are (by NFL scale) completely reasonable. I've been to NY and Dallas and trust me, Titans tickets are a bargain by comparison. 

It's not really an opinion. Pro sports is a business. A team's presence in a city is purely transactional. Just ask Cleveland. I'm not disputing that sports is culturally and personally significant in wide swathes of the country. But it's also not a given, nor is it wrong for a population to feel blasé about its local team when the product on the field isn't all that great. I'm sure that longevity and team history and local economics and demographics and who knows what else play a role in how certain teams ride out cycles of good and bad performance relative to their fans' interest.  

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 1:35 PM, bigeasy said:

Mariota has been benched and will not start this Sunday.  Their record is 2-4 now with 10 games to go. I am guessing with the new QB they will start their run towards mid pack and barely miss the Wild Card spot. Maybe 8-8 final record??

Titans doing what they do best.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/17/2019 at 12:53 AM, Tennessine said:

They'll always be the Titans... mediocre at best

Titans one of four teams in the league with winning record for 4 straight years (Two playoff wins so far and second trip to divisional round this week.  Titan Up.  

• Like 1

On 1/6/2020 at 8:54 AM, Jarno said:
  On 12/17/2019 at 12:53 AM, Tennessine said:

They'll always be the Titans... mediocre at best

Titans one of four teams in the league with winning record for 4 straight years (Two playoff wins so far and second trip to divisional round this week.  Titan Up.  

And first trip to AFC championship game since 2003!

Edited by Jarno
  • Like 1

• 3 years later...

NBC's Premier League fan fest heads to Nashville for first time

From World Soccer Talk;

NBC is taking its Premier League fan fest to a new city in Nashville this coming April. Previously, NBC has visited cities like Orlando, Austin, New York City, Boston, Philadelphia and Los Angeles. In total, over 70,000 fans have made it out to these events. NBC works to provide a live matchday experience for those in attendance. They also have the chance to meet and mingle with some of the pundits and hosts on NBC’s studio coverage.

The Premier League fan fest in Nashville is April 6 and 7 at Broadway and Riverfront Park. This is the same location as the NFL Draft in 2019. At this event, NBC will send Rebecca Lowe, Robbie Earle and Robbie Mustoe. Those are the four regulars on NBC’s weekend coverage of the Premier League. Additionally, special guests will make an appearance. For example, previous Premier League fan fests included Alan Shearer and Gary Cahill, both of whom played in the Premier League for many seasons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1