Hampton Roads Off-Topic Talk

Cotuit

When I was there all I remember finding were sea shells. Although you can find that anywhere near the water if you dig down deep enough, this seemed to have an over abundance of them. Maybe if there was some serious funding for a dig by archeologists they may have uncovered something more significant. Too late now. :ermm:

When I was there all I remember finding were sea shells. Although you can find that anywhere near the water if you dig down deep enough, this seemed to have an over abundance of them. Maybe if there was some serious funding for a dig by archeologists they may have uncovered something more significant. Too late now. :ermm:

Yea! Exactly, it was like.. "Oh hey, another rock!" I don't remember any museum or anything, just arriving on the bus, getting off, everyone is handed a spoon. I think there was a short brief on what a fossil is, but the children were aware.

Yea, thinking about it, it would probably be too small as a recreational dive site.

• 1 month later...

It's very cumbersome to navigate, and it seems like not as many comments get posted anymore.

RSS feeds are AFU as well. I had them for all the southside community news -- now the old ones don't work, it is almost impossible to find them, and when you do, the URL that you get with the RSS button doesn't work either. For example, if you are on the Portsmouth News page, there is no RSS feed. You have to go to an article, then you will see the "News" and "Portsmouth" RSS button -- only problem is, when you paste the RSS URL in to you RSS reader, it doesn't work.

Pages also reload VERY slowly.

End of vent.

Who else hates the new Pilot-Online? :angry:

I often use old computers (PIII-700ish laptops) around the house, so the new site pretty much kills the computer as it's rendering all the useless crap.

I hardly ever used my own site (www.hrconnect.com) before, but now I find the RSS feeds on the front page really useful. Well, once I figure out where they moved the RSS feed to that is.

I let them know that I thought the new site wasn't good. It's now one of those sites that makes the laptop fan spin up when you visit due to all the crap ads.

Edited by Telmnstr

Rus --

Congratulations to the Redskins, for overcoming all of the adversity they have faced this year, to be in a position to get in the playoffs. It is a tribute to their character, and the leadership, that they find themselves with this opportunity. Credit to Coach Gibbs!

I think of you every time they show that ad on Channel 10, with the guy with the pig nose, tackling the water bottle.....

PS -- all of these kudos will be null and void if they get to face the Cowboys in the playoffs -- when it matters!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been having problems viewing pictures posted through Photobucket recently, and figured other people might be having the same problem, so I did a little google search and found a solution that worked for me...

All you have to do is: 1) go to Run in the start menu <------------ Windows XP

2) then type "cmd"

3) then type "ipconfig/release"

4) then type "ipconfig/renew"

Hope it helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tonight's "What Matters" with Cathy Lewis was all about development and transportation. Fort Monroe has lots of environmental cleanup before it can be reused by the state, the moat may make it too costly for a National Park. There was an 18-story tower delayed in City Center. The Granby Tower segment was unenlightening. Buddy is still living on a prayer. Including 21st St, 800 apartments are being built in the downtown Norfolk area. Waterside will become more of a discussion in upcoming focus groups and council meetings. Also, transportation is going nowhere, much like the rest of us will be going nowhere pretty soon. The two reporters in the know determined the most likely outcome would be leasing current roads, bridges, and tunnels to private entities that would in turn toll for as much as $2 both ways for a very long time. In retrospect, I just wasted 30 minutes watching a show about things I already knew...

They should have given UrbanPlanet a shout-out, telling viewers who were interested to come here and discuss...

This company, based in Norfolk, was mentioned in this website that posts lots of neat design, architecture, and tech stuff...Grow Interactive

Specifically they found the company's Girl Effect project note-worthy.

Ah cool! I met what I believe is the founder of Grow Interactive... they do work for some very impressive fortune 100 clients. Nice guy.

Edited by Telmnstr

Tonight's "What Matters" with Cathy Lewis was all a

I'm not familiar with the show. Is this a WHRO production? Is it on the radio or on television?

A few years ago one of my roomates had a TIVO and I had it recording Hampton Roads Weekly, but it went off the air. He used to cry about it being boring and worthless. I like to know what's going on. *shrug*

I'm not familiar with the show. Is this a WHRO production? Is it on the radio or on television?

A few years ago one of my roomates had a TIVO and I had it recording Hampton Roads Weekly, but it went off the air. He used to cry about it being boring and worthless. I like to know what's going on. *shrug*

It's a WHRO TV program that comes on Friday nights at like 10:00pm or so. It's pretty much the same as her radio program.