Economic Development - Expansions and Relocations

J-Rob

9 hours ago, atlrvr said:

I read this as 2 separate announcements.

1) Red Bull - just a distribution center

2) Rauch - a juice company opening a manufacturing plant

I don't read it as 2 announcements, Rauch is the exclusive bottler of Red Bull and some of the space may be used for non manufacturing purposes. This is a similar announcement to the 2019 announcement of their joint bottling plant in Arizona but 3 times larger.  Ball Canning also was part of the joint venture in AZ and likely will be involved as well.

• Like 2

Now you are in my Hoosier history neighborhood.

https://www.ball.com/na/about-ball/overview/history-timeline

Ball jars were the standard for home canning for a century or more: the Ball mason jar is something everyone knows from corn liquor containers to grandma's preserves. The Muncie, Indiana plant was close to the gas fields of north central Indiana and glass requires a large amount of gas to fuel the glass making process. Now they are involved with  containers of all types.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, carolinaboy said:

Can we get Max Verstappen and Sergio Perez to do some laps in their F1 cars at Charlotte Motor Speedway as a promotion for Red Bull?

Maybe a Red Bull NASCAR team?

You're underselling the possibilities here.  How about the Carolinian Grand Prix (Formula 1) using the Charlotte Motor Speedway Roval or converting uptown Charlotte/Southend into a street circuit?

In all seriousness the only US based Formula 1 team, Hass F1 Team,  is based in Kannapolis.  

On a side note I wouldn't be surprised to see several Charlotte sporting events/teams pick up Red Bull as a sponsor.  

Edited by CltFlyer
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, CltFlyer said:

You're underselling the possibilities here.  How about the Carolinian Grand Prix (Formula 1) using the Charlotte Motor Speedway Roval or converting uptown Charlotte/Southend into a street circuit?

In all seriousness the only US based Formula 1 team, Hass F1 Team,  is based in Kannapolis.  

On a side note I wouldn't be surprised to see several Charlotte sporting events/teams pick up Red Bull as a sponsor.  

F1 would never use the Roval, because CMS would not spend the incredible amount of money needed to upgrade to FIA Grade 1. 

On the other hand, I’ve always been surprised that Charlotte doesn’t have a world class road track considering it’s history and prestige in the Motorsport community. As long as Tilke doesn’t design, I could get behind a road circuit being built in the area. 

Edit: Of course ignoring the fact that building a purpose built track is a boondoggle. 

Edited by Popsickle
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Popsickle said:

F1 would never use the Roval, because CMS would not spend the incredible amount of money needed to upgrade to FIA Grade 1. 

Edit: Of course ignoring the fact that building a purpose built track is a boondoggle. 

For those of us where (almost) every word in the above post was English but for which, not any words beyond "would never use the", "because ... would not spend the incredible amount of money needed to upgrade to" and "boondoggle" made a lick of sense and might as well have been Ελληνικά . . . here's a Motorsport Explained: FIA Track Grades (msn.com)

Edited by davidclt
  • Thanks 2

In a ranking of 47  NC based companies with $1 Billion in market cap here is how the metro areas breakdown

Charlotte metro has 22 HQs including 7 of the top 10 biggest companies top 5 BofA, Honeywell, Lowes, Duke Energy, Truist

Raleigh Durham has 14 HQs   including 1 of the top 10 

Triad Greensboro Winston Salem has 6 HQs   including 2 of the top 10 

from the Biz Journal list of the largest public companies based in NC

Others are based in Hickory, Asheville, Wilmington, etc. 

• Like 3

Thought this was interesting: 

Ingersoll Rand (NYSE:IR) has made takeover bids for SPX Flow (NYSE:FLOW) that have been rebuffed, including a recent all-cash offer that valued SPX Flow in the low-$80s/share, or ~$3.5B, WSJ reports. Ingersoll Rand has no plans to make a hostile offer for SPX Flow, and it is not clear if it will submit a new bid, according to another report.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/seekingalpha.com/amp/news/3716152-spx-flow-rebuffs-ingersoll-rand-takeover-bids-wsj

Edited by Ric0_0
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, rancenc said:

Reading the article, I don't understand how their leadership messed that up so much. They get a huge contract, for the largest lithium mine in the US, with goals to not only have the mine but also the refining and processing which could lead to having a lot of battery manufacturers in the area and eventual Electric car manufactures once the supply chain is built out, and they don't get permits from the City Council... The Hell?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1