Orlando's Hometown National Champions

Jernigan

Bianchi says the Gus Bus is now the state’s  #1.:

UCF’s Gus Malzahn has become the state’s most stable, secure head coach | Commentary
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/mike-bianchi-commentary/os-sp-ucf-tulane-homecoming-mike-bianchi-column-20211107-izouisw26fhanncm7h7kjmymci-story.html

From The Sentinel 

I like that.

Meanwhile, how ‘bout them Gators?

Men’s hoops began their preseason with a win tonight against Robert Morris* 69 - 59. Saturday afternoon at 2pm we take on Da U. Charge On!

*Robert Morris is in lovely Moon Township near Pittsburgh’. Nope, I had no clue, either. Here at Orlando UP we have the world’s greatest store of useless information!

’ In Tennessee, they’re very economical with their “h’s”. They spell it “Pittsburg” (near Chattanooga) and “Hillsboro” (south of Nashville) unlike our Florida county which adds “ugh” to the end.

I wonder why - Enquiring minds want to know!

Edited by spenser1058

Coach D’s lads defeated Da U today 95 - 89 which takes the Knights to 2-0 so far.

Could we think about the Big Dance this soon? Word is these guys may be even better than the team that almost beat Duke just a couple of years back. 

UCF a basketball school? Who knew!?!

Things didn’t go so well in Dallas for the football Knights where we lost 55 - 28. Of course when your 1st string QB is out and the Head Coach has a broken leg, life is tough. Thankfully, we have @orange87‘s Huskies up next followed by the poor, pitiful Cows so the season may end on a high note… Charge On!

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 1

The Cows have fired Defensive Coordinator Glenn Spencer. Since that worked out so well when Dan did that in Hogtown just a couple of weeks ago with games still left to play this season, hopefully it will give us an edge Friday for the final War On I4 at the Bounce House.

Edited by spenser1058

Are we all ready for The War On I4?

If you’re not going to the game and checking out the shootout between Mikey and Timmy, you can watch the game on ESPN at 3:30 or hear the dulcet tones of Marc Daniels on FM96.9 The Game.

Charge On!

@jgardnerucf, what’s on the tailgate menu today?

Speaking of Marc Daniels, he, Bianchi and Jason Beede have been asking the question only @orange87may have the answer to. Why is UConn bothering to keep its football team?

They haven’t done well in years and (not unusually for New England) no one seems to care about football.

Since they do well in hoops (especially the women), it’s not like they don’t have a sport they excel at.

Just think - they could use the money they’re spending on football for an amazing rowing team and be kick*** at lacrosse! They can outprep the Yalies!

Edited by spenser1058

39 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Are we all ready for The War On I4?

If you’re not going to the game and checking out the shootout between Mikey and Timmy, you can watch the game on ESPN at 3:30 or hear the dulcet tones of Marc Daniels on FM96.9 The Game.

Charge On!

@jgardnerucf, what’s on the tailgate menu today?

Speaking of Marc Daniels, he, Bianchi and Jason Beede have been asking the question only @orange87may have the answer to. Why is UConn bothering to keep its football team?

They haven’t done well in years and (not unusually for New England) no one seems to care about football.

Since they do well in hoops (especially the women), it’s not like they don’t have a sport they excel at.

Just think - they could use the money they’re spending on football for an amazing rowing team and be kick*** at lacrosse! They can outprep the Yalies!

Someone on a CT forum I go on asked the same question, and people replied by saying that UConn has invested almost half a billion dollars on it's football team and they apparently think it's more financially smart to see if the team can be saved than to scrap it.

• Thanks 1

Just now, orange87 said:

Someone on a CT forum I go on asked the same question, and people replied by saying that UConn has invested almost half a billion dollars on it's football team and they apparently think it's more financially smart to see if the team can be saved than to scrap it.

Oh dear, a money pit.

Wow! In a game that went right down to the end (and shortened my life by a year or two), our Knights outlasted the Cows 17-13.

Our defense rose to the moment after playing too much of the game while our offense was MIA.

South Florida showed what an outstanding QB they have in Timmy McClain from Sanford Seminole. We don’t know the whole story but this appears to be another case of the Heup ignoring local talent.