Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

From the Nashville Post:

Work is about to begin on the Rolling Mill Hill surface parking lot being undertaken to accommodate the eventual loss of two similar lots due to future development.

The Metro Development and Housing agency has landed a permit related to the creation of the lot, to be located at the southeast corner of the intersection of Korean Veterans Boulevard and Hermitage Avenue.

C.D. Steger Construction Inc. is handling the job, with the permit valued at $490,000.

The property has an address of 92 Peabody St.

Trolley Barn parking lot site, April, 2017.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-04-21 at 1.58.20 PM.png

• Like 3

4 hours ago, markhollin said:

From the Nashville Post:

Work is about to begin on the Rolling Mill Hill surface parking lot being undertaken to accommodate the eventual loss of two similar lots due to future development.

The Metro Development and Housing agency has landed a permit related to the creation of the lot, to be located at the southeast corner of the intersection of Korean Veterans Boulevard and Hermitage Avenue.

C.D. Steger Construction Inc. is handling the job, with the permit valued at $490,000.

The property has an address of 92 Peabody St.

Trolley Barn parking lot site, April, 2017.jpg

I was at this location just a year ago and had an unobstructed view of downtown.  No more.  Now there are several gleaming towers (including one butt-ugly parking garage) between Rolling Mill Hill and downtown.  Those who were able to get in Rolling Mill Hill when it was still fairly remote--which wasn't that long ago--have got to be loving their ever-changing views.

• Like 1

Office/meeting space concept to replace Nashville Carpet Center at 515 4th Ave. South.  While this is a needed entity for construction companies in that 8 square block of SoBro that is exploding with development, I believe it is simply a temporary place holder for a piece of property that holds much higher long term potential.  

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/04/24/office-meeting-space-concept-replace-carpet-store-sobro/100857580/

515 4th Ave south.png

On this screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent Nashville Development Map, you can see the property in the center of the frame on the west side of 4th Ave. South between Peabody on the north and Lea on the south.

515 4th Ave south map.png

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, markhollin said:

The State will be auctioning a 45,294 square foot office building on the roughly 1.18 acres at 460 James Robertson Parkway once housed the Tennessee Regulatory Authority. That property and the 0.87-acre parking lot site at 460 James Robertson will be offered in two separate, but adjoining, parcels and as a whole.  The existing octagon-shaped, 3 story structure was built in 1962. It is immediately to the east of WTVF News Channel 5, and to the west of the site for a future Town Place Suites. Prime spot for residential/mixed use, hotel, or office building.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/04/25/state-selling-two-acres-downtown-nashvilles-james-robertson-parkway/100869500/

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 6.36.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 6.46.39 AM.png

Why do I remember a building somewhere around there that used to have interlocking shapes of the letter "I" as part of its design across the front facade of the building. Was told once that the building was designed that way b/c it was originally the offices for IBM. Is this that building.. and perhaps it was remodeled sometime in the past 20 years?  Or did I just dream that up? 

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

Office/meeting space concept to replace Nashville Carpet Center at 515 4th Ave. South.

This is the exact spot I typically catch my Lyft or Uber rides when leaving downtown. Walk a few blocks out of the fray...easy to find me...and the drivers love it. However, I've been at that spot alone - late night /early a.m. - and felt somewhat.... vulnerable. SO glad to see development in that area and life coming to those blocks. 'Course, soon I'll probably have to walk  to Lafayette to escape the crowds (and dodge the occasional bullet ).:tw_grimace:

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Flatrock said:

This is the exact spot I typically catch my Lyft or Uber rides when leaving downtown. Walk a few blocks out of the fray...easy to find me...and the drivers love it. However, I've been at that spot alone - late night /early a.m. - and felt somewhat.... vulnerable. SO glad to see development in that area and life coming to those blocks. 'Course, soon I'll probably have to walk  to Lafayette to escape the crowds (and dodge the occasional bullet ).:tw_grimace:

Good idea, but they must have been high as a kite to set their prices so high. We shall see if there is a market in that price range.

Printers Alley parking garage eyed for possible stacked parking option. With all of the new hotels coming on-line within a block or two of there in the next 18 months (21c Museum, Dream Hotel, The Bobby, Tribute Hotel, Fairlane Hotel) this seems to make sense.  

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20859473/printers-alley-garage-eyed-for-stacked-parking

Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 2.14.34 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 2.14.44 PM.png