Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

14 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

The only thing that is kind of a drop of cyanide in my tea in regards to all of these new murals around Nashville, is that a lot of them seem to face vacant lots or parking lots rather than the street, which would mean they'd be covered up if those lots are ever developed, and I don't want to root against development.  

With luck, those walls would still face an alley once the adjacent properties are developed. We all know alleys can always use a little visual interest.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

The only thing that is kind of a drop of cyanide in my tea in regards to all of these new murals around Nashville, is that a lot of them seem to face vacant lots or parking lots rather than the street, which would mean they'd be covered up if those lots are ever developed, and I don't want to root against development.  

I'm going to assume / guess that those lots belong to the M Street group, so if they're going forward with murals then they probably have no immediate plans for development. It appears they use those lots partly for valet parking for their restaurants, and partly for paid parking.

Nice run-down.  Looks like you remembered the hotel name at 3rd/p'body... Tapestry. 

Also, I believe the Curio and Embassy Suites will be 19-20 and 28-30 stories respectively. And I believe the renderings show the JWM at 37 stories. It should be a considerably "head" taller than the Westin.  Then the latest on the Joseph showed a hotel of 22 stories. 

Have you heard any rumors about the Second Avenue Partners twin-towers starting? 

• Like 3

All the renderings look like they keep the curve that is there. Also

"Under the Downtown Code, storefronts such as retail, restaurant and office space are required along primary streets such as Lafayette to create activity for pedestrians. Location and topography of the 0.58-acre property make it difficult to comply with those guidelines, according to a letter sent to the committee by project architect Hunter Gee."

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2016/05/03/eight-story-storage-building-planned-sobro/83885006/

But that is the newest article I can seem to find.