Inner Loop - CBD, Downtown, East Bank, Germantown, Gulch, Rutledge

smeagolsfree

Thank you!  Reading that article, I was wondering where Scovel is... so the map helps.  Should add to the viability of that side of 8th Avenue/RPB.  See lots of potential for that area, given the continuing success of Gtown and Stown, HBV is set up to benefit from all that.  On a related note, I happened to go to that library branch several years ago, and it is a beautiful building. I love those old Carnegie buildings. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Already benefiting. Lots of new construction on that side of Rosa Parks.

Oh yeah, my wife and I are looking at homes in this area all the way up into BVH closer to the Rosa Parks/Clarksville Pk intersection.  TONS of new homes going up on almost every street you drive down and more starting all the time.

Edited by bmkTN
  • Like 1

It appears that Spectrum is backing off on the Stockyards Residential project for the time being.  'Tis a shame---was one of my favorites in that area.  Story is currently behind the paywall at NBJ.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2017/01/04/developers-back-off-apartment-project-by-nashville.html

From today's Nashville Post:

Spectrum Properties Inc. has put on indefinite hold its plans to develop a large-scale apartment building in North Capitol, Nashville Business Journal reports.

The Charlotte-based company was hoping to undertake a 310-unit building on the site of the building once home to the Stock-Yard Restaurant and near First Tennessee Park. The project would have incorporated the Stock-Yard structure.

But with Nashville seeing what many feel is an excess number of apartment units either having recently come on line or in buildings currently under construction, Spectrum is now considering various options for the site, including selling, NBJ reports, citing multiple unnamed real estate sources.

Spectrum has enlisted the Nashville office of CBRE Inc. to assess the options, according to the business publication.

More than 8,000 apartment units were projected to come on line and within buildings located in Greater Nashville in both 2016 and 2017, NBJ reports. The average number of units that opened each year from 2010 to 2015 was about 500, NBJ reports, citing industry data.

Stockyard Apts. layout.png

Stockyard Apts. May 2015.png

Stockyard plan.jpg

Stockyard Render Oct. 2015 b.JPG

Stockyard render Oct. 2015.jpg

That's too bad, although not surprising.   There is a ton of similar product coming on the market in this part of town.    The article says Spectrum is "exploring options" and that the property could go back on the market.   I would hate for it to end up in the hands of someone like Salah Ayesh who would demolish the historic building for a parking lot.  

Unfortunately, it signals further delay for infill around First TN Park.    

• Like 1

This is just the first of many that will be scraped or delayed this year. Time to pay the piper. Its been a good 4 to 5 year run for apartment construction, but it has to end sometime. It may take 1.5 to 2 years to unclutter, maybe a little more. Real estate prices should start to drop in high profile lots as well. That is just a educated guess as we don't have all the differing competition vying for high profile real estate.

3 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

Does the article mention anything about 5th and Broadway?

No. Differing groups of Spectrum.

Man I hate that about Stock Yard.  Not surprising though.  Seems like we may have to wait for 3-5 more years to see that area around the ballpark get filled in, but with Germantown being absolutely on fire right now, we can hope that it'll happen a little sooner.

A couple more renderings for the Buena Vista Towns at 1112 11th Ave. North that Canuck87 spotted.  There are 6 units altogether, 2,000+ sq. ft. each, with 2 car garages, and rooftop decks.  Starting at $500,000 each.

http://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20848256/spring-finish-targeted-for-buena-vista-townhome-project

Buena Vista Towns render 4, Jan 2016.jpg

Buena Vista Towns render 5, Jan 2016.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, memphian said:

I actually like the stair step detail on the side. Of course I'd like it more if it were 40 stories but I'm not paying for it so I'll just enjoy looking at the parts I like for free!

I like that too and it looks like there is a maybe a porch/balcony all the way around? Or is that the top of the parking garage?

• Like 1