The Ellis – 33 Floor Apartment Tower – Lennar does what Levine couldn't.

On 9/21/2020 at 5:12 PM, j-man said:

I really wish they gave this a worthy exterior. I would have loved to see this fully bricked or stuccoed. I’m so over the cheap paneling. Ugh 

EIFS is a go to because it is a very energy efficient façade. Having all the insulation outboard of your dryline allows the building systems to be much more efficient because the insulation is nearly continuous. It may not look the best but it is a really good system.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

A little over 19.5k sqft of retail. I’m curious the layout and how many retail spots are fronting the light rail/pedestrian (Market) St? From those great pics above, looks like the majority of the retail is facing that direction. First Ward park is desperate for some additional retail other than 7th st market. Like Ally Center, this is another opportunity for a special place to form Uptown if executed correctly. 

Edited by CharlotteWkndBuzz
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

A little over 19.5k sqft of retail. I’m curious the layout and how many retail spots are fronting the light rail/pedestrian (Market) St? From those great pics above, looks like the majority of the retail is facing that direction. First Ward park is desperate for some additional retail other than 7th st market. Like Ally Center, this is another opportunity for a special place to form Uptown if executed correctly. 

It is going to take more residential density to really take off though. Get the publix in, get 3 more towers like this up, and there will be a lively community who can take full advantage of the retail. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, CharlotteWkndBuzz said:

Here is the retail layout in the marketing brochure by Foundry  all retail faces the park and tracks. 

https://www.foundrycommercial.com/core/fileparse.php/2530/urlt/The-Ellis-Flyer_20200925.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ertley said:

I would think, in these COVID/hopefully someday post-COVID times, that they would consider re-thinking their plans for "Ellis Lane" between the shops/restaurants and the tracks, and make it a purely pedestrian space. 

Seriously.... what a let down. Absolutely no reason for cars to be there. What a giant pile of poo on top of an otherwise absolutely fantastic development.

• Like 1

Judging from the plans, it looks like Ellis Lane is there, less for traffic and more for accessibility. Also, it looks like it will be different material than your standard asphalt, so I would assume this is going to be something of a shared street. I'm only using what I know for NYC Shared Streets since I work on them directly, but typically they are raise intersections and different materials, usually gravel with epoxy covering to delineate that the street is different than other streets. 

My hope is that if this is the case, the speed would be 5mph max, with the standard toolkit of traffic markings/design. It's not a bad idea, but I do wonder how successful it would be for traffic compared to pedestrian traffic, especially with the retail frontages. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...