Duke Energy Plaza Headquarters | 40 Story formerly Charlotte Metro Tower

AP3

It'll be a Duke Energy event space/conference space/all purpose space. It'll actually be really cool and have a rooftop deck facing uptown tucked into the top floor

Yeah, and a public park on the roof of the convention center too…and any flat-roofed shorter building for that matter. Charlotte should try to become known for its green roofs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Madison Parkitect said:

Man, that angled top really wants to be taller, huh? Maybe it'll be better once the glass goes on but it seems like such a flat angle.

The angle doesn't appear too steep in the renderings, from what I can tell

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

I tell you - here in Charlotte we UP’ers are really spoiled.   The DEC2 Tower being over 600’ is a rarity not many peer cities have under construction but now it seems that as soon as this Tower is completed by the end of this year that another 600’+ Tower could be breaking ground across I-277.  I guess this is the only/or most likely Carolinian City Candidate for these type of very tall towers.

I don't think that even Atlanta is building this much right now.  It seems that Clt and N'Ville are building the most in the southeast (excluding Fla).

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Reverie39 said:

Agree. I think due to our very spread out population, we have many cities with moderate/quaint little skylines but not many that are truly impressive and open for proper skyscrapers other than Charlotte. Raleigh is definitely 2nd place, but for a while has been very focused on mid-rise developments (which I am very much a fan of too). Now there are finally some major (400'+) projects in the works, but I doubt anything 600'+ for a while. Raleigh's current tallest is 538'.

I like many of Raleigh's high rises even though not as tall as Charlotte's.  Will be there next week snapping away and one of my favorite new projects besides ongoing North Mills is the Raleigh Iron Works. 

• Like 4