Lake Eola Neighbourhood.

idroveazamboni

39 minutes ago, jack said:

I had Popeyes for what I think is the first time ever. Or at least a long time. Now I know why people went crazy over the sandwiches. For fast food, it was pretty good. 

classic chicken is my crack, and I find the Popeyes right there on OBT & Washington has one of the best kitchen staffs.

8 hours ago, jrs2 said:

I posted a decade ago that Lymmo needed to not be free. 

The city has held surveys asking "Would pay for the Lymmo service? How much would you pay?" The amounts they put to choose from were ridiculously low, 25c, 50c, $1 and seeing as how it has never happened you can only imagine how many people said 'yes' at any level. The last time I saw the city do the survey was a few years ago and I can understand why nobody would pay for it as the program existed at the time but maybe they are working on long term goals to get to a non-free system? They continue to expand the coverage area, if they just made bus arrival and travel time reliable and did something about the homeless people it could be great. Granted, I think it's great now. I use Lymmo going to city hall and events all the time and enjoy walking home. Still, I know many people in the neighborhood who hands down *will not* take that bus, and that's crazy to me because we have 3 stops in the neighborhood.

Regular Lynx buses are $2. That's not a far cry from the free bus downtown. The reason why the buses are free downtown is because they need to get people from the underserved areas to the areas where groceries are available. We have a City full of cheap skates though as evidenced by the fact that SunRail is spilling all over the place on free days and when you get to the $4.50 charge through the whole route all of a sudden sun rail is a ghost town.

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, bqknight said:

Across from the Camdens, would be happy to see this go there. 

IMG_2279.png

IMG_2281.png

is this going on the block within which Sanctuary is?  Because the other lot is on the west side of Osceola and its parking for that tower.  Here, there's that one story house building that's pasty yellow.

1 hour ago, codypet said:

"Innovative Parking Solution"  Heard that before.

car elevator?

2 hours ago, jrs2 said:

is this going on the block within which Sanctuary is?  Because the other lot is on the west side of Osceola and its parking for that tower.  Here, there's that one story house building that's pasty yellow.

Yup, sounds like they would knock down the 2 houses. 

1880926306_Screenshot2023-08-03at1_42_06PM.png

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, dwSouthEola said:

This is actually going where the old Baez law firm is, so it will cozy up to the MAA Parkside parking lot. The two buildings there sold recently, and include a large parking lot in the back. If you can make it out in the lower left corner of this pic it says "Pine St (street side yard)"

Screenshot_20230801_213518_Chrome (1).jpg

I love that this neighborhood still has several old houses. I wish that the city or another entity  would historically zone some of them before they are all gone in this area.

While I don’t think  that a law firm is the best use, it could be converted into some thing with which the public could interact more. When I lived in Charlotte, many of the old houses had been converted into bars, restaurants, coffee, shops, bookstores, Yoga, studios, etc.  I liked the scaling and sense of history it brought to neighborhoods around the core of Uptown there. 

IMG_0829.png

Edited by smonteserin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, smonteserin said:

I love that this neighborhood still has several old houses. I wish that the city or another entity  would historically zone some of them before they are all gone in this area.

While I don’t think  that a law firm is the best use, it could be converted into some thing with which the public could interact more. When I lived in Charlotte, many of the old houses had been converted into bars, restaurants, coffee, shops, bookstores, Yoga, studios, etc.  I liked the scaling and sense of history it brought to neighborhoods around the core of Uptown there. 

IMG_0829.png

Like Rainey st in Austin. But I hear a lot if it is getting redeveloped. 

These small footprint lots may be around a lot longer. We do not build a lot of small footprint buildings here in downtown. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, smonteserin said:

IMG_0829.png

what's that place in Savannah?  Something like the Pink House?  really cool place...

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

The Auditorium at Howard Middle.  The school is undergoing a huge renovation, but I noticed tonight as I drove by that the large Live Oak in front of the entrance which faces Robinson, was cut down.  Incidentally, a cross street towards Mills, the block over from Howard middle, the condos are already under construction.

IMG_2884.jpeg

IMG_2883.jpeg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/16/2024 at 3:01 PM, dcluley98 said:

Did you see the baby duckies today? 

PXL_20240116_180157284.thumb.jpg.07a95c5b2d166c55b596ccaa932329f5.jpg

the heron's are duckling and gosling and baby swan eating cannibals...   terrible thing.  these little Moscovie (sp) ducklings will mostly perish...