Soccer in Nashville

Nashtitans

45 minutes ago, bigeasy said:

I am not a soccer fan, far from it, but I will be incredibly disappointed if this doesn't happen. I will probably text my cousin about this. She lives close to the fairgrounds and has been really excited about how much this could do for not only her home value but just improving the area. I can guarantee she doesn't realize how close it is to not happening. If it wasn't for me being on this site I would not know. If anything I would have thought there was overwhelming support. 

Tell her, tell her, tell her!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, nashvylle said:

I have heard the mayor's office is very engaged in getting the legislation done. Glad to hear this news. 

If it was Mayor Barry, I would have no doubt it would get done.  Not 100% sure on Briley and his ability to properly push it through...yet.

one of the women actually said "how can you have a big new soccer stadium next to an gorgeous rave track that has been there longer than anyone here has been alive"

because obviously if a new building is built next to an old building the sun implodes and kills all life on earth -_- 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This deal is dead as is in my opinion. It’s sad that everyone really is pro soccer. 

This stadium should not be at The Fairgrounds. Even if we get the necessary votes, there are serious parking issues. Even if we build enough parking, there are serious ingress/egress issues. All the council members against this deal (Hagar, Glover, Hastings) seem to be 100% for it if it were at another location.

I pray John Ingram will find another location, or work with Vanderbilt and use land there currently for soccer fields for the stadium. 

I would support this team anywhere in the city, including metro center. 

Miami just switched their location. I know we are not a gateway city like Miami, but if we find another location, I think it will be very successful. 

To me it seems that Vanderbilt (with Ingram as such a large donor), titans stadium, and metro center, are only possible areas. Does anyone else have other options? 

Edited by nashvylle

I just have a bad feeling about this.  Nashville has had a lot of luck and 'winning' over the past decade... it almost feels like it is the anti-progress naysayers turn to get a couple losses on the books first with the transit vote and now with this.  Ugh.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BnaBreaker said:

I just have a bad feeling about this.  Nashville has had a lot of luck and 'winning' over the past decade... it almost feels like it is the anti-progress naysayers turn to get a couple losses on the books first with the transit vote and now with this.  Ugh.  

From that video, the naysayers are pro soccer, but not at fairgrounds. 

The fairgrounds is a great location if the 117 acres were dedicated to MLS. It’s not. 

6 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

Haven’t both MLS and Ingram said if it’s not at The Fairgrounds then it’s not?

Metro Center is all infill and would be a construction nightmare. 

Vandy?

I can’t think of anywhere else that would be feasible. 

They have said that, but I don’t know if it’s true. 

All of Rhodes Park is a infill and none of it can be developed?

man, this is in bad shape. Praying for better days. 

2 minutes ago, Neigeville2 said:

I would like to start an anti-fairgrounds movement.  You can't tell me everybody loves the noise from races and the generally crappy state of the place, and the bitter vendors demanding taxpayer subsidies.  Soccer or not, this should be turned into a nice park or something.

It’s protected by the charter. Won’t happen. 

• Sad 1

Does anyone know if the site of the state IT building next to First Tennessee Park is large enough for a Soccer Stadium? 

Other areas I thought of are Vanderbilt, NE most parking lot next to Nissan Stadium (still leaving enough room for a future NFL stadium). Could any of River North be leased to MLS Stadium? Maybe Ingram could assist the city in relocating PSC Metals. 

967D37CB-D0CC-48AD-810E-784C38147280.png

Edited by nashvylle

What if the ownership group paid for the 10 acres and used the proceeds for a parking garage? Or Metro just built a large parking garage there?

The reality is the 117 acres is currently TERRIBLY underused. Something needs to be done. It would be worth the investment for Metro to build parking garages, improve the property and get a new soccer team in the deal

Edited by nashwatcher
  • Like 3