Tru Hotel & Home2 Suites (Hilton bi-brand combo), 10-stories, 223 rooms, SE corner of 5th South & Peabody

donNdonelson2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

LOL... I think that might have said American Fire and Safety once, and I hope they know how expensive their little, old, nondescript building is. 

There are four separate owners between the hotel and Lea, one of which is Rocketown. Until they decide to sell there is not a lot you can do with the rest of those parcels because in reality you want a corner lot which Rocketown controls.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NashvilleObserver said:

What on earth is Rican Fire & Safety and do they really need their office to be in a one-story building in SoBro. They should sell while things are hot!!!!

As a card carrying Puerto Rican, these dudes make me feel safe whilst squiring about the city :lol: Also, Bar Sovereign next to them is cool.

• Haha 4

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

A $1.65 million permit has been granted for the build-out of 9 condos (one on each floor, 2-10) that have been planned for the structure.  Humphreys and Associates will handle the construction.  

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21093477/work-to-begin-on-sobro-hotel-condos

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Tiny Little Donuts will open this spring in an 800 sq. ft. space at the Hilton Tru/Home2Suites at 506 5th Ave. South.  Dowdle Construction will handle the build out, which will cost $300,000. The new location will have both a street and hotel entrance.

Owner Bob Mogul said the larger space will allow Tiny Little Donuts to have two doughnut machines, and will help the business offer event catering. Mogul said this store will serve coffee, but there won’t be any big changes to the menu.

“We’ll stay true to what we do,” Mogul said. “We’re not going to start serving sandwiches at lunchtime. We’re just going to keep doing our tiny little doughnuts, which has made us successful. We’re going to do one thing better than everybody else.”

I guarantee this will be a regular stop for me on my early morning weekend downtown construction photo ventures.   : )

More at NBJ here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/01/21/tiny-doughnut-concept-heading-to-sobro.html?iana=hpmvp_nsh_news_headline

Screen Shot 2020-01-21 at 3.09.13 PM.png

• Like 1

• 6 months later...