Winter Park & Maitland

prahaboheme

11 minutes ago, jgardnerucf said:

Quite the Lynx ride from Club Orlando for 'ol Spenser! Oy!

Because I’ve been a member of the Downtown Y since I was a wee peep, I’ve never been to Club O (it ain’t cheap and I tend to be frugal). I have heard some amazing tales about it.

Edited by spenser1058

27 minutes ago, nite owℓ said:

I always find it amusing when straight guys seem to know more about places like Club O than I do...

Does it also have a gym?

It does or at least it did (I haven’t kept up with it). I had two friends that worked out there in addition to extracurricular activities.

Of course, the, ahem, “straight” Bally on Kirkman Road was infamous for such things back in the day and I’m told the steam room at the downtown Y was also (again, I missed out because I didn’t use it  - I usually came home to shower after a workout). UCF also had some notorious spots.

The frisky folk are gonna be frisky, although I suspect Grindr has reduced a lot of it these days.

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 2

Winter Park studies expanding boundaries west to I-4, east to Semoran
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/orange-county/os-ne-orange-winter-park-annexation-20221130-pydobesqh5gllfmqd2rfblg2ge-story.html

From The Sentinel 

If expansion to the east or west happens, @AndyPok1 will no doubt be happy to hear it will smooth some of the jagged boundaries between WP and OC.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, codypet said:

Would WP actually want to acknowledge that though?

There's a long running joke that WP doesn't like to admit that WP extends east of Lakemont.

Apparently, for the tax bucks, they’ll swallow their attitude. The Pines has a really good rep for a 1960-70’s subdivision with a lot of kids who grew up there going on to solid careers and influence in town, so I suspect they’ll focus on it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The granddaddy of them all, WP’s Park Avenue, is becoming an official Main Street District. Mayor Phil Anderson says Hannibal Square and the town’s stretch of Orange Avenue may not be far behind:

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/orange-county/os-ne-orange-park-avenue-main-street-20221229-st5dgs7o7nhhlakrk62zcohhy4-story.html

From The Sentinel 

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...