Scott's Addition Development

varunner

On 6/8/2023 at 1:12 PM, rjp212 said:

ZCLR filed for a 5-story multifamily on the block containing the Old Dairy Bar and Tang & Biscuit.

I think I missed that Biscuits and Gravy had closed already, but RBS has some more details on the upcoming redevelopment of 1600 Roseneath.

Honestly, I'd love for them to build around the old Dairy Bar like they are with Art Space in Manchester.   Here's what I would do:

• Large Apartment building to wrap around the existing building
  • Renovate the 2 Story brick building into updated office space.  Paint a large mural on it.
  • Renovate the dairy bar but keep it as restaurant space.  Remove the blue roof to Dairy Bar and add a roof top deck
  • Turn Hack.RVA into retail/restaurant space.
  • Extend shared patio/pocket park between Dairy Bar and HackRVA.

image.thumb.png.577ca2182d8a95ec94a6331fb2bc071b.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rjp212 said:

I think I missed that Biscuits and Gravy had closed already, but RBS has some more details on the upcoming redevelopment of 1600 Roseneath.

Honestly, I'd love for them to build around the old Dairy Bar like they are with Art Space in Manchester.   Here's what I would do:

• Renovate the 2 Story brick building into updated office space.  Paint a large mural on it.
  • Renovate the dairy bar but keep it as restaurant space.  Remove the blue roof to Dairy Bar and add a roof top deck

NICE!!! Wow - this sounds really interesting! And they're keeping the former Dairy Bar as a restaurant!! SWEET! 

1 minute ago, I miss RVA said:

NICE!!! Wow - this sounds really interesting! And they're keeping the former Dairy Bar as a restaurant!! SWEET! 

Sorry to get your hopes up, that is just what I would do with the property.  Capital Square hasn't released any plans besides the request for a 5 story building.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, rjp212 said:

Sorry to get your hopes up, that is just what I would do with the property.  Capital Square hasn't released any plans besides the request for a 5 story building.

AHH - my bad. I haven't had a chance yet to read the RBS article - and I (obviously) didn't fully read your post (just went off a glance of the bullet points.) 

Welp - we shall see what we shall see! Either way - glad things are moving forward on that front!

16 minutes ago, eandslee said:

This is the Novell site…I thought they always had a small crane there. Did they add a second?

Good question - this one seems closer to Arthur Ashe than I remember seeing pix before - but the building is at an odd angle to A.A. Blvd, so it's hard to say based on photos.

Man - I hope and pray the city (or SOMEONE) is gonna tighten up some of that messy shrubbery along that section of A.A. I mean - we have a big institutional developer building an apartment building that's going to price at pretty high rents, I'm sure. And OMG - to see that stretch of A.A. looking so unkempt - wow.

Edited by I miss RVA

22 minutes ago, eandslee said:

Yes...that's exactly what it is...it's not a baby crane...it's the real deal - a  real tower crane that is going up!

Nice!!!

So a tower crane at the Novel... a tower crane at Soda Flats... a tower crane at VCU tech center... what's the situation in Manchester these days?

3 hours ago, wrldcoupe4 said:

There’s probably a lull in Manchester over the next 12 months. 

It kinda makes sense, given how much development has taken place there almost non-stop over the last two plus years. I'm guessing Manchester has to "exhale" a bit and then "inhale" before the next burst of construction which, given projects we know in the pipeline - and particularly the Avery Hall towers (and if Hourigan is indeed still on track) - should be EPIC. Do we know how far along Tom Papa is on moving forward on either 1.) The Box 2 - and 2.) South Falls 2? If I remember correctly, he had said earlier this year that he was gearing up to get both projects underway).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/21/2023 at 9:17 AM, rjp212 said:

Noticed Capital Square re-filed the ZCLR and requested it be expedited.     They also attached the current concept. 

image.thumb.png.4f4784df09889b2deaa00e361bdfcbda.png

image.thumb.png.85dbb1e6c4d9d301836d6896821703d1.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, I miss RVA said:

Curious to know what the new crane looks like. Wondering if we can maybe get a couple of ... image.jpeg.4dc6658bf71fb6d822197333651071ad.jpeg

Saw it while driving through on Saturday. Looked more prominent in the sky than the baby crane. I would have taken a photo had I not been driving. 

Edited by eandslee
  • Like 1