The Transportation and Mass Transit Megathread

TopTenn

The Tennessean reported on June 26 that Off the Wagon had received 72 tickets for operating party buses without the proper permits or licenses since the city began regulating entertainment vehicles downtown in 2022, with each ticket carrying a $50 fine. Records showed at that time that the company had not applied for a permit.

If I had to guess I'd say the plan for them is to eventually get the whole regulatory scheme tossed in court.

Edited by GregH

18 hours ago, Bos2Nash said:

$50 dollar fine?? That is freaking pathetic!!

Make that sucker a $1,000 per ticket or something like that. These companies are illegally operating and we are charging them less than what a single drunk occupant is paying them. Ridiculous!

Under state law civil fines are limited.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

A train may work for some but not all. I think it would be a drop in the bucket for most of the traffic as a lot of the traffic is thru traffic. Unless the train goes right by my house which is a possibility (within a quarter of a mile) I would still have to think long and hard about using it depending on where it would go in Clarksville.

Ive driven I-40 past the Donelson Pike Interchange a few times since the summer.... the amount of earth moving has really stepped up.  A cool project that is hard to photograph while driving on the interstate.   There are job sites  north and south of I-40 and east and west of Donelson.   Wild that the project has a slated delivery the same week as the new Titans stadium.  https://www.tn.gov/tdot/projects/region-3/i-40-donelson-pike-interchange.html

Edited by thenorthchannel
  • Like 2