Church Street Plaza | 28-Story Office/Hotel [Phase 1 Under Construction]

bic

2 hours ago, codypet said:

Some of use remember the days of Orlandoskyscrapers.net.  

Also I wonder how much of this Suntrust move is about visibility.

image.png.00a6cdd3b64a826a65932686e14b2efe.png

How much of this view is lost to ramps and CSP?

I would say most of 55W, and at least half that gap between 55W & Suntrust.

Not too thrilled with the lower than anticipated ceiling height of the first floor.  Nowhere near as tall as The Plaza, by comparison. No wow factor there...

• 2 weeks later...

^^

Yo! Dcluley98, "You se-xy mu-tha f----"...

Great shots.  You risked life and limb for those.

Just don't go speaking about chemtrails or you'll end up like The Artist Formally Known As...

Those shots are very vivid.

Edited by jrs2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, AndyPok1 said:

This is your regularly scheduled post from me saying that I like 55W and think it to be an iconic building for our city.  Yeah, CSP is a better and nicer building, but wish that we could have both visible as the gateway.

I wanna see AndyPok in a conquistador hat!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AndyPok1 said:

This is your regularly scheduled post from me saying that I like 55W and think it to be an iconic building for our city.  Yeah, CSP is a better and nicer building, but wish that we could have both visible as the gateway.

I don't hate it, but I do think it looks too fat.

And that roof.... napoleon2.gif 

• Haha 2

Depends on the angle. 

You will be able to still see 55 West from I-4 coming in Eastbound for sure. That view is higher up and further out from the Southwest (especially on the Kaley Curve). Will maybe see the infamous hat from further out above CSP and the bridge from this entrance angle, Not sure yet on the approach, but the entrance on South Street and Garland will be dominated by this new building and I hope it looks good. 

From the West on the 408 and from the view on Church or from the soccer stadium over-top, 55 West is still very much a part of the skyline. TBH, I don't mind the "hat" as much as the abnormal massing and horrid parking garage. (and the new smurfination/blue man group aesthetic of the latest iteration). 

Maybe we can get a couple of more buildings around 55 West in the CBD to block out the garage and other less satisfactory aspects of it to make it more palatable. I must admit, the "hat" is more iconic and unique compared to the BakerBarrios designs and the "floating slab-wing crown" that is now de-rigueur. 

Edited by dcluley98

On 4/18/2018 at 8:56 AM, sunshine said:

We keep hearing that there are  "needs" for large continuous chunk of office space downtown and how low the vacancy rate it, but nobody wants to build a brand new office tower until Lincoln and it is not even that big.

Then you have Orlando Magic office building that is so delayed.

The spread between existing lease rates and new construction is real. On top of that, many firms are open office, decreasing demand. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jernigan said:

A second tower - multi family component instead of hotel.

Scroll back through thread for a pretty thorough breakdown 

Any chance 2nd tower gets taller (substantially)? Or is it set in stone this thing is going to be a mirror image. I think this would so much better with a taller 2nd tower instead of a mirror image making it look twice as fat and stumpy...

or maybe setting the 2nd tower perpendicular to the other one...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, orlandouprise said:

Any chance 2nd tower gets taller (substantially)? Or is it set in stone this thing is going to be a mirror image. I think this would so much better with a taller 2nd tower instead of a mirror image making it look twice as fat and stumpy...

or maybe setting the 2nd tower perpendicular to the other one...

I remember seeing that they said 28+ but I wouldn't count on it being much taller. Guess it depends what the market is like when they decide to move forward with it. 

• Like 1