Museum Tower - 31 story Childress Klein Apartments

CLTProductions

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/20/2016 at 10:33 AM, HopHead said:

^I imagine that it won't be long before the crane comes down too?

This topic and others, from a memo at work:

·         During the weeks of July 25 and Aug. 1, the scaffolding and crane used during the residential construction over the Mint Street Museum will be removed. This work is expected to be completed during the first week of August.

·         Beginning Saturday, July 30, the sidewalk in front of Starbucks and Levant Mediterranean will be closed, as the construction team removes the Tower crane. This closure is expected to continue through next week and be complete on Sunday, August 7. In addition, over the next several weeks, construction crews will remove equipment from Levine Avenue for the Arts and reinstall benches and trash cans in preparation for reopening the street to traffic.

·         Monday, Aug. 1, construction crews will begin erecting scaffolding over the two outside staircases of the Mint Street Parking deck. This is the first phase of refurbishing efforts that will take place on the parking deck stairway handrails and stairs. Internal stairwells and elevators will not be impacted by this construction. Efforts are expected to be complete by the first week of Sept.

·         Beginning Saturday, Aug 6, the protective cover over the sidewalk from the front entrance of the Energy Center (located at 526 South Church Street) to the corner of Levine Avenue for the Arts will be removed. Work will be complete within 4-5 days.

Edited by grodney
  • Like 4

55 minutes ago, DMann said:

Their base is really in the Fourth Ward.  My understanding is that Public is out of the mix for the Skyhouse site, and Reid's would be very welcomed there, more of a Dean and Deluca store than a full grocer.

The space would be WAY to big for Reid's, and Publix is still in but that project is on hold.

Edited by Jayvee

25 minutes ago, SgtCampsalot said:

I'd like to know the answer to this. I've always wondered with high rises.

I'm not 100% about this and there's probably someone who actually knows, but I think they will do 1 of 2 things. Either have in Wall units conceled or have a giant penthouse room with all the units 

Edited by Jayvee

3 hours ago, SgtCampsalot said:

I'd like to know the answer to this. I've always wondered with high rises.

3 hours ago, Jayvee said:

I'm not 100% about this and there's probably someone who actually knows, but I think they will do 1 of 2 things. Either have in Wall units conceled or have a giant penthouse room with all the units 

For Trademark we have two industrial chillers on the roof for the building.  Each unit then has a geothermal pump in my utlity closet where the washer dryer and hot water heater is ...https://www.americanstandardair.com/products/heating-and-cooling/geothermal.html

had to replace mine 2 years ago ~ $7k

Edited by navigator319
add link to 'chillers'