Citi Tower | 23-Story Residential [Under Construction]

bic

1 hour ago, RedStar25 said:

This building is turning out nicer/taller than most of us thought.  

Not really, I think a lot of us really liked the design from the beginning.  I think it looks great and always thought the design concept looked great before it came out of the ground!  I remember pointing out that the crown would be taller than the Paramount and that it would be about as tall as the Waverly and fill the gap between them from a certain angle of Lake Eola.

Here's that angle now:

20170308_131618.jpg

• Like 4

On 3/9/2017 at 10:40 PM, dcluley98 said:

Not really, I think a lot of us really liked the design from the beginning.  I think it looks great and always thought the design concept looked great before it came out of the ground!  I remember pointing out that the crown would be taller than the Paramount and that it would be about as tall as the Waverly and fill the gap between them from a certain angle of Lake Eola.

Here's that angle now:

20170308_131618.jpg

It isn't finished yet. You can't be so quick to judge. Several critics on here have openly said the liked the rendering of the finished project. So, why are they judging it before it's even done? Sounds like children stomping their feet.

It is most certainly taller than any of the neighboring buildings. That is very noticeable from the 408 (east and west), I-4, and even the Dr. Philips Center.  

Edited by RedStar25
Stuff
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, RedStar25 said:

It isn't finished yet. You can't be so quick to judge. Several critics on here have openly said the liked the rendering of the finished project. So, why are they judging it before it's even done? Sounds like children stomping their feet.

Who is doing that?

Who/what are you referring to?

Huh?  I was saying I think it has turned out great so far, RedStar-I agree with you.  I really liked it from the beginning all the way until now when it is topped out and taller than the Paramount in front of it.  Not understanding the constant negativity surrounding new projects. I thought the renderings looked great, the location looked great, and the design/lighting looked great before, and I still think it looks great now that it is topped out.  Hopefully, I still think it looks great when it is done and occupied.  

• Like 1

On 3/9/2017 at 10:40 PM, dcluley98 said:

I remember pointing out that the crown would be taller than the Paramount and that it would be about as tall as the Waverly and fill the gap between them from a certain angle of Lake Eola.

Citi Tower is taller than both of those buildings.

Citi Tower - 293 feet

The Waverly - 280 feet

The Paramount - 204 feet

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, smileguy said:

After all the fuss that was made here about 420, the solution that they came up with to overcome that issue is, I'll be the first to say, ingenious. They still had to include the bypass for ADA compliance, but I think everyone here will agree that the transformers-with-Japanese-footbridge have really become a landmark; a permanent and lasting part of the fabric of our fair city. and should never be removed.

bridge.png

hopsingphotoshop.jpg

Inscrutable!!!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, smileguy said:

After all the fuss that was made here about 420, the solution that they came up with to overcome that issue is, I'll be the first to say, ingenious. They still had to include the bypass for ADA compliance, but I think everyone here will agree that the transformers-with-Japanese-footbridge have really become a landmark; a permanent and lasting part of the fabric of our fair city. and should never be removed.

bridge.png

Oh hell, why stop with one insulting ethnic stereotype????

b_Mm_01.jpg