Ascent Uptown - 33 stories (3rd and Poplar)

navigator319

42 minutes ago, Prodev said:

I'll take the avenue deck over that all day. I get your point though, and if the deck were a couple levels shorter where the false facade covered it fully, it would look good. BTW, I don't think there's actually any retail there. They've just put in glass storefronts to make it look like retail on the ground floor. 

Retail in Ascent you mean? I'm pretty sure they announced there is retail, and I believe the plans call for it too. I'll have to check later. 

That better be the case. If there is no retail here that is an EPIC fail. I could've sworn they were putting the leasing office off the ground floor though in some mez level in the deck. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I need to see this building in person. Honestly... I'm not loving the top. Need to see the finished product.

Yea it's bad right now, don't see it getting much better, hoping it does though.  The worst angle is from Tryon between the Ruth's Chris and the building next to it, it looks rediculous.  Best angle is from inside BB&T

1 minute ago, navigator319 said:

Yea it's bad right now, don't see it getting much better, hoping it does though.  The worst angle is from Tryon between the Ruth's Chris and the building next to it, it looks rediculous.  Best angle is from inside BB&T

Everyone seems to be freaking out about that but I think if its screened in a cool way like it is in the renderings (every indication that this is what they're doing still), and the street level is finished, its not going to be bad at all. It just really sticks out when glass is going in above.

1 hour ago, nonillogical said:

Everyone seems to be freaking out about that but I think if its screened in a cool way like it is in the renderings (every indication that this is what they're doing still), and the street level is finished, its not going to be bad at all. It just really sticks out when glass is going in above.

we  aren't talking about the street level. I'm talking about the massing of the parapet/"crown"

15 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

we  aren't talking about the street level. I'm talking about the massing of the parapet/"crown"

Oops quoted the wrong comment. There was another comment on the amount of parking and I think I subconsciously combined it with some others.

I can't really tell what the crown is doing yet. In the renderings it doesn't look like anything too obvious, seems like the walls of the top floor raise extra high to mask whatever is up there. 

Edited by nonillogical

32 minutes ago, nonillogical said:

Oops quoted the wrong comment. There was another comment on the amount of parking and I think I subconsciously combined it with some others.

I can't really tell what the crown is doing yet. In the renderings it doesn't look like anything too obvious, seems like the walls of the top floor raise extra high to mask whatever is up there. 

DING DING DING DING 

We have a winner. Apparently you have paid more attention than me. Those parts will be screened in, thankfully. 

Screen Shot 2016-08-26 at 9.41.22 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-08-26 at 9.41.43 AM.png