Uptown

orlandoguy

The local news reported earlier this evening that construction is scheduled to begin in '24 and be completed in '26.

They had to ditch the big glass wall on the large, wide end and replace it with harder, more solid materials in response to all the antisemitic attacks that have been occurring.  

11 hours ago, JFW657 said:

The local news reported earlier this evening that construction is scheduled to begin in '24 and be completed in '26.

They had to ditch the big glass wall on the large, wide end and replace it with harder, more solid materials in response to all the antisemitic attacks that have been occurring.  

Well that's very unfortunate.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2023 at 11:33 AM, codypet said:

It should hopefully make that area a little less of a dead zone.  I wish something would come of the old Dr. Phillips Center.

My understanding is that it was recently taken off the market.  Mold showed back up. 🤕

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

Not quite enough on this to start a new thread yet…

Permit Number: MPL2023-10053
Project: 68 S Ivanhoe Blvd E Multi Family
Address: 68 S IVANHOE BLVD E Orlando FL
Description: Master plan request for a multifamily development on the vacant site.
Application Status: Open
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Jernigan said:

Not quite enough on this to start a new thread yet…

Permit Number: MPL2023-10053
Project: 68 S Ivanhoe Blvd E Multi Family
Address: 68 S IVANHOE BLVD E Orlando FL
Description: Master plan request for a multifamily development on the vacant site.
Application Status: Open

this is between the Doubletree/Radisson and the Jewish Center proposed site.  

This is the old WDBO spot. Right? 

That building was so horribly neglected, but the moment it tried to get knocked down, people came out of the woodwork demanding it be saved.   I remember reading somewhere that it had been soo badly vandalized inside, that it was beyond saving.

image.thumb.png.4603c72ae98ebc671cb43d3bb6289306.png

image.thumb.png.2234f14e31a50d9b930933bda1492b4f.png

https://bungalower.com/2017/10/01/former-wdbo-building-slated-demoed/

Edited by codypet
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, codypet said:

This is the old WDBO spot. Right? 

That building was so horribly neglected, but the moment it tried to get knocked down, people came out of the woodwork demanding it be saved.   I remember reading somewhere that it had been soo badly vandalized inside, that it was beyond saving.

I misspoke.  it is to the east of the hotel, but the proposed Jewish Center is across the street at the old CofC site.  I think this is between the two.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jliv said:

Is this it?

B6650210-9274-4364-8B32-4D6E23997CE2.jpeg

OMG, that's huge! They're putting that there?

It even looks like the silhouette of the Doubletree is in that rendering to the right...  they're almost the same height.

Man that is gonna be super visible from I-4 heading WB.

@JFW657 a couple weeks back we were talking about the condo/apartment tower at former Lightstyles location on Orange Ave ala the "filling in" aspect along that corridor... now add this to that...

this reminds me of 520 Church.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2023 at 12:11 PM, smileguy said:

Wasn't there also a proposal just north of the senior center?  That makes three major residential projects on the south end of Lake Ivanhoe... finally, what we need to make Ivanhoe Village more connected into North Quarter. 

Yes a spot that's currently two 3-story office buildings