Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

I’d read up on Lifetime Fitness before you make a joke. They offer large co-working opportunities that come with gym membership, therapy for you body, therapy for your mind, and offer tons of recreational activities that people utilize throughout the day. They also have a robust corporate wellness initiative that is utilized nationwide by some of the largest companies in the USA. They are a powerhouse and corporations use them to subsidize their healthcare costs because a healthy workforce is a cheaper workforce to insure. Lets not forget theres time before and after work to go.

No, the joke wasn’t that workers would use it I believe it. Maybe I should have added Only* to that sentence my mistake. My statement only referred to the fact that gyms no matter where they are would be used by those around it. People will drive a distance to go to one but then again the pandemic was hard on gyms in general overall.

How many buildings are left in the plan for Legacy Union, and where will they be? 

Obviously there’s the new one beginning construction right now. If I remember correctly there is also a Honeywell corporate building planned adjacent to the current one - and said to be much taller.

Any others, or just those two? I ask because in another thread someone mentioned hoping that one of LU’s final projects would be tall enough to rival BOA corporate and wondered what was even left to build. 

How many buildings are left in the plan for Legacy Union, and where will they be? 
Obviously there’s the new one beginning construction right now. If I remember correctly there is also a Honeywell corporate building planned adjacent to the current one - and said to be much taller.
Any others, or just those two? I ask because in another thread someone mentioned hoping that one of LU’s final projects would be tall enough to rival BOA corporate and wondered what was even left to build. 

bdaf0f72290289bc5bd68d1c0eddb56c.jpg

Depends on how they divide the last tracts of land and how the uses. Will Honeywell 2 be office alone or have multiple uses and also depends on the scale and design.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, go_vertical said:

Hopefully there will be a tall mixed residential/hotel at the corner of Bkln Village and Church.  That combined with the Duke redo and the residential on the power tower block across Church should be more than enough of a reason to have retail along both sides of Bkln Village between Tryon and Mint. 

Forgive me for reading way too much into this comment, but I have to say something about Bkln Village.  If that is the level of effort you put forth when you are referring to Brooklyn Village then just keep calling it Stonewall.  Does it take longer to type Brooklyn?  Yes, but at least Brooklyn Vlg to shorten the spelling.  The name was changed to Brooklyn for the historical context and it is literally the only word not spelled out.  Can we at least give it a month before we start trying forget that the new name is Brooklyn Village?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 8

15 hours ago, theronhobbs said:

Are you seriously choosing to be offended by an abbreviation of a new street name 150 miles away from you, that was typed in an online forum of urban development enthusiasts? I ignore a lot of eye-roll worthy, sanctimonious comments on this thread, but this one stands alone.

1293482197-850x560.webp.afbfded693d8a83e12a6524c5bf3b8e8.webp

Wow did I said the earth is flat??? My location is irrelevant. I'm not offended.  I pointed out the irony in the one name not spelled out is Brooklyn after the street name was changed. Was it intentional? Yes obviously. Was it done with some nefarious intention? I certainly don't think so. @go_verticaldidn't seem offended I pointed out the irony, why should you be?

• Confused 4

Glad that you were not offended.  I would hate to see your response if you were offended :tw_smile:. But seriously I didn't intent to confront or anger you or anyone else, only point out a different perspective. Like someone said earlier let's get back on track tlkn abt Lkn Hrs's Lgcy Unon

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, SydneycartonII said:

So is this about to start rising?

Yes did you see the photo of the crane above?  this is the rendering I have been told.   But since we don't have anything else to go on I am going with it.  Pretty sure this is what it will look like. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SydneycartonII said:

Wow!  Does that mean that excavation Is done and that this will start rising soon?

Now I’m really looking forward to the soccer match in ten days!!

Crane did go up faster than I had expected.  These sites at Legacy Union are very ready for building activities and don’t take long to get vertical depending on the designed foundation.  This Crane could still be used for a few weeks or couple months to move equipment and materials around the interior of the confined site more easily before anything vertical happens.  Definitely appears that it’ll be going vertical well before the end of the year though.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Yes did you see the photo of the crane above?  this is the rendering I have been told.   But since we don't have anything else to go on I am going with it.  Pretty sure this is what it will look like. 

Wow!  I thought that maybe the crane was for something else.  Is it possible that this tower could be ten stories above ground by Christmas?  This is a treat!

• Like 2

Wow!  I thought that maybe the crane was for something else.  Is it possible that this tower could be ten stories above ground by Christmas?  This is a treat!

Unfortunately no one here that we know of has a construction schedule (without accounting for mishaps). Your guess is as good as anyones!
  • Like 1