Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

Wow - way before my time.  I wouldn’t have been able to even identify what City or State this photo was taken ….
Thought I was a Charlotte ‘OG’ because I’ve been here for a whole 7 years now….

I wasn’t even alive… lol
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SydneycartonII said:

Thanks.  Isn’t the garage going to be a separate structure behind this on Brooklyn Villaage?

Nope, there is a parking podium under the office. The front half is poured concrete, the back half is precast, much like Lowes Design Center Tower. I have schematics for the building.

Edited by CLT Development
  • Like 4

While I was in the Duke Energy Plaza 12th floor yesterday, took a quick photo of this project's progress.  Moving along I guess.

http://content.invisioncic.com/x329420/monthly_2022_08/DSC_0369.thumb.JPG.e2bc54922132b3b1379864684d4ad80a.JPG

I have no idea how they are catching up so quickly to 110 East and Ascent Southend! Great picture here as well!
  • Like 4

On 8/5/2022 at 2:32 PM, DJ8hep said:

I have no idea how they are catching up so quickly to 110 East and Ascent Southend! Great picture here as well!

Those two sites had extensive Site work and/or demolition work required as well.  All building pads at LU are more Ready to Build and probably even have Utilities stubbed to them so anything breaking ground here can start going vertical in short order.  Type of Deep Foundation used also can play into the rapid building process.  This Podium will take some time though because it has a Cast In Place Structural Parking Component which takes a long time to build.

Edited by Hushpuppy321
  • Like 1

Those two sites had extensive Site work and/or demolition work required as well.  All building pads at LU are more Ready to Build and probably even have Utilities stubbed to them so anything breaking ground here can start going vertical in short order.  Type of Deep Foundation used also can play into the rapid building process.  This Podium will take some time though because it has a Cast In Place Structural Parking Component which takes a long time to build.

That is a really good point, I didn’t think about the fact that this site was already ready for the construction to start! I watched them tear down for the Ascent building and they really had a lot to clean up (they even had to dig out a portion of a basement!). Site prep is usually one of the hardest construction activities to estimate time for, especially when there are buildings to be demolished. I’ll definitely note that as they build the podium though!
  • Like 1