Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I was in Charlotte yesterday.  SouthEnd really strikes me.  Every time I go, it gets more and more vibrant, and with all of the big new developments coming, it’s just the tip of the iceberg.

I took this from SouthEnd.

P.S.: About Manhattan, there are many areas with very dense tree canopies.  Virtually every street off 5th or off CPW has a very dense canopy on both sides of the street.  Same with Greenwich Village.

0F2A6A8F-1275-464D-A3A3-9B3C58115EB0.jpeg

Yes, I know there are parts that are somewhat treed.  I lived there for 14 years including on the UES along streets that city-dwellers might say are canopied, and I'm back once a month to look after a team.  But I assure you it's nothing like Charlotte, nor even like Paris.  And NYC doesn't give off canopied vibes to the lion's share of its visitors.

Edited by RANYC
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RANYC said:

Yes, I know there are parts that are somewhat treed.  I lived there for 14 years including on the UES along streets that city-dwellers might say are canopied, and I'm back once a month to look after a team.  But I assure you it's nothing like Charlotte, nor even like Paris.  And NYC doesn't give off canopied vibes to the lion's share of its visitors.

I know NY very well.   I lived in NY until 2008 and go back regularly for work.  I also lived in Charlotte for many years before moving to Chapel Hill, and I return to Charlotte a lot.

As I said, every time I return to the QC, I’m impressed with how much better it keeps getting.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1

A parking deck fronting Tryon? As if that massive one in the backside isn't a big enough eyesore...

I doubt there would ever be a parking deck fronting Tryon. At least I’m uptown and I hope that is no coincidence. (An entrance/exit)

Truist Tower has multiple levels of parking within the tower complex and you would never know as does the Avenue condo tower (both parking garages are some of the tightest spaces in town) 

Lincoln Harris is big on this executive parking and many tenants seem to like it.  They even did this at Capitol Towers in southpark.   Like their trademark now with domes, pyramids and so forth. 

• Like 4

The retail brochure for the Deloitte tower has the below site plan and the lot on Mint/Stonewall is described as Future Development Pad 6/7.

1. Bank of America Tower

2. Deloitte Tower

3. Honeywell Tower

4. 600 South Tryon

And 5? Does this confirm this phase will be two towers? Or are they considering the monster deck a "development" in the numbering scheme?

edit: Ugh, never mind. Just the one tower probably. An older version of the brochure described the 600 S Tryon lot as Future Development Pad 5. Which means the parking deck must be #1 which is fitting for such a glorious parking structure.

650 South Tryon Retail Site Plan.png

650 South Tryon Retail Site Plan old version.png

Edited by TCLT
new info
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TCLT said:

The retail brochure for the Deloitte tower has the below site plan and the lot on Mint/Stonewall is described as Future Development Pad 6/7.

1. Bank of America Tower

2. Deloitte Tower

3. Honeywell Tower

4. 600 South Tryon

And 5? Does this confirm this phase will be two towers? Or are they considering the monster deck a "development" in the numbering scheme?

edit: Ugh, never mind. Just the one tower probably. An older version of the brochure described the 600 S Tryon lot as Future Development Pad 5. Which means the parking deck must be #1 which is fitting for such a glorious parking structure.

650 South Tryon Retail Site Plan.png

650 South Tryon Retail Site Plan old version.png

This is going to be the office tower first and then eventually a hotel or apartments on the same parking structure. So two towers eventually.

Looking at the approved land-use plans, the height on the new tower is 366'.  That is just a bit taller than half-way between the top of Deloitte and top of Ally.

Disappointingly, it no longer appears that it is being designed for a 2nd tower closer to Church St.  There will be retail at Church/Stonewall, but no evidence of elevator banks at the rear of the building. (just at the office tower portion closer to Tryon).

• Like 3
  • Sad 4