Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

21 minutes ago, mpretori said:

Is there going to be any retail on the site? Like a urban mall?

Don't know any of that yet, all I know is about the office tower. It's phase 1AAA, they definitely have a tenant for the speed at which they are moving this

16 minutes ago, CLT704 said:

I'm not holding out much hope for the design, if it is like One Worldwide Plaza. 

Maybe let's go with this, a mix of One Atlantic Center + Key Tower + One Worldwide Plaza and a TOUCH of BofA corp lol. It's a pretty great design

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

Don't know any of that yet, all I know is about the office tower. It's phase 1AAA, they definitely have a tenant for the speed at which they are moving this

Maybe let's go with this, a mix of One Atlantic Center + Key Tower + One Worldwide Plaza and a TOUCH of BofA corp lol. It's a pretty great design

So a bit more classic (by our standards) than modern? Sounds cool to me and good for that end of uptown!

19 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

Okay, I take back what I said, sounds great! Jayvee thank you for all your info from around CLT! Any idea for announcement or release of a rendering? 

Can't wait to see this design now!! Sounds like we will get another iconic skyscraper! I think this building will go up faster than Tryon Place!

Edited by CLT704

If it is 1 million square feet is 35 floors  is 525 feet +

If 1.2 Million square feet is 41 floors is 615 feet +

If 1.4 Million square feet is 48 floors is 720 feet +

plus could be for first floor lobby and roof.

It would have to be less than 1 million square feet to 31 stories

Edited by RiverwoodCLT

1 hour ago, Jayvee said:

Any word on when there might possibly be an official announcement?

41 minutes ago, norm21499 said:

Any word on when there might possibly be an official announcement?

It won't be an iconic building like Duke or BofA, but it will fit amazingly into the skyline. No word on an announcement yet and when I can put stuff out there. I will the second I can and it won't get someone fired lol. That said, this building (as RDF said) will stand out in a sea of modern blue and green class. It's classy while modern. I can't speak to the human scale, which I am still concerned about as I have not seen it. The tower design is a B+ and where it'll fit in CLT is a solid A, A-

1 hour ago, RiverwoodCLT said:

If it is 1 million square feet is 35 floors  is 525 feet +

If 1.2 Million square feet is 41 floors is 615 feet +

If 1.4 Million square feet is 48 floors is 720 feet +

plus could be for first floor lobby and roof.

It would have to be less than 1 million square feet to 31 stories

Yeah I think the tower will wind up being less than 1 mil SF, I can confirm that it is 31 stories + roof + pyramid

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Jayvee said:

It won't be an iconic building like Duke or BofA, but it will fit amazingly into the skyline. No word on an announcement yet and when I can put stuff out there. I will the second I can and it won't get someone fired lol. That said, this building (as RDF said) will stand out in a sea of modern blue and green class. It's classy while modern. I can't speak to the human scale, which I am still concerned about as I have not seen it. The tower design is a B+ and where it'll fit in CLT is a solid A, A-

Yeah I think the tower will wind up being less than 1 mil SF, I can confirm that it is 31 stories + roof + pyramid

Which tells me there will be a second smaller building.

I gotta say while it's really awesome they are going to build something amidst this geopolitical crisis, i'm pretty disappointed in what im hearing. Base doesn't even take a quarter of the large parcel and there are 3/4th and 2 more parcels to be developed ... into mid rises?? I should have seen this coming from what they did to Southpark. I just hope they at least have retail and a urban mall. Everybody from the big cities in the NE always complain to me of the lack of shipping in uptown and that they have to get in their cars to go to a mall. 

Edited by mpretori

9 minutes ago, eastsider said:

calm down, it is a multi-phase project. The office tower is just PART of the overall project. Obviously the rest of the project hasn't even been designed yet.

Correct and correct. This like 2 acres (if that. I really have no clue. Point is it's small) of a 10 acre parcel. 

• Like 1

Screw it. I'll just share it. 

The scope I heard a 6 months back was:

$2B +

1.2M office, 800-1000 hotel, 1000 residential, 200-300k retail. 

I don't want people thinking this massive site will only have a single office tower, so I'll take one for the team.

1 minute ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Screw it. I'll just share it. 

The scope I heard a 6 months back was:

$2B +

1.2M office, 800-1000 hotel, 1000 residential, 200-300k retail. 

I don't want people thinking this massive site will only have a single office tower, so I'll take one for the team.

You can't give in. Youuuu can'ttttt give innnnn

3 hours ago, Jayvee said:

The Formula:

One-Worldwide-Plaza.jpgone-atlantic-center_hres_web.jpg

109560766.jpg

bankofamericacrown0.jpg

= This building :tw_glasses:

Edited by NikolaTesla
  • Like 1