Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

12 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

That killer view is drop dead gorgeous!  I'd die for a view like that!

I have that view. I have two spots in Elmwood waiting, for what, I do not know.

Return to that location in mid-October with the trees aflame and you will then truly have a shot to die for; the sense of nostalgia, leaves brushing across your shoes as you walk, shadows lengthening, the silence of the... Well others have said it much better than I.

• Like 2

On 8/27/2018 at 8:44 PM, Tyrone Wiggum said:

Welp, here is Panther Tower.  Only two building materials but the black and blue turned out nice. With a humble suggestion to how it can be lit up during night games 

#keeppounding

003AFD74-CAE4-429A-A513-9EEA39337F3F.jpeg

003AFD74-CAE4-429A-A513-9EEA39337F3F.jpeg

EE21EDB8-E175-4E34-9319-DAA37347C272.jpeg

88466A89-2AAF-41E5-8B1D-2C372CADAD01.jpeg

AFBB4391-CD86-466C-823E-509F3E62F197.jpeg

Mannnnnnn that absolutely towers over the rest of uptown.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Trickbot said:

So any chance of pyramid b4 Cowgirls game?

No. Don't think so. Also, they're going to lose a day of work due to Labor Day. I think they have one more mechanical floor to go then the Pyramid will start.

I do believe the pyramid will start before the Bengals game on the 23rd.

Edited by NCMike1990
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So any chance of pyramid b4 Cowgirls game?

None what so ever. From what I’ve been told January before the pyramid gets finished. There’s a lot to do before the pyramid gets started. 3 floors of mechanical and ornamentation before it even gets to the pyramid.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Trickbot said:

They should put a public atrium in the pyramid, tired of not being able to go high in any buildings if i dont work for BoA or Duke

You can’t go anywhere but your floor for BofA. I worked in the 16th floor of Corp. and sometimes I would have to go to the 17th floor and I had no access and it was annoying 

For those who aren't keeping up with the floor count, this is the floor they're currently on and about to finish up. You're right that there are 3 more mechanical floors, so the pyramid will not start until at least next month.
Inked620-south-tryon-rendering_LI.thumb.jpg.992621a49a8df2bc227ca23f2a545e27.jpg

Actually they are higher than this. There’s just a lot of spaces before the pyramid, somewhere in a previous page I have a profile shot with it filled out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My interpretation is that they are nearly done with Floor 33. Floor 34 is a mechanical floor and then Floor 35 is really just the roof that the pyramid will rest on but will also serve as a bit of a mechanical floor as it will be covered by said pyramid.

And/but no matter where they are, they have slowed down considerably this past month having completed just two floors since Aug 1st which is way off their previous months average of a floor every 10-11 days. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NCMike1990 said:

Here it is. They've actually completed a floor since this was posted. All they have now is that blank facade part and then the ornamentation, then the pyramid will start.

This rendering does not match. It has less floors, than the newer rendering, above the setback. IS this possibly the original before they added height? 

This rendering does not match. It has less floors, than the newer rendering, above the setback. IS this possibly the original before they added height? 

My rendering was pulled from the newest document.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk