Legacy Union (former Charlotte Observer redevelopment)

Missmylab4

As ugly as the Duke concrete fortress is I don't think it is going anywhere.  It is owned by Duke and would be considered paid off by now very cheap office space for them.  I think any consolidation of their office space will be out of leased spaces in Duke Energy Center and 400 South Tryon.

Maybe this Cordish can codevelop with Lincoln Harris on the 2nd block of their 2 block project at one time LH was talking to Simon.  

As for that electrical substation on on Graham near the stadium very unlikely it would be removed/

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

As ugly as the Duke concrete fortress is I don't think it is going anywhere.  It is owned by Duke and would be considered paid off by now very cheap office space for them.  I think any consolidation of their office space will be out of leased spaces in Duke Energy Center and 400 South Tryon.

Maybe this Cordish can codevelop with Lincoln Harris on the 2nd block of their 2 block project at one time LH was talking to Simon.  

As for that electrical substation on on Graham near the stadium very unlikely it would be removed/

disagreed, that building is a gonner. 

I can't imagine that substation ever moving.  Its not like a building that can just be knocked over and a new one built on top.  A new substation would have to be built to serve uptown (where would that go?) and all of the lines that feed the current one would have to be re-routed.  Very expensive on top of being a major headache.  Duke would never do it unless someone heavily incentivized them. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Whatever happened to the Simon development at the Charlotte Observer site? Was it just preliminary talks that didn’t go anywhere, or are they planning something on one of the unused parcels?

1 minute ago, Third Strike said:

Whatever happened to the Simon development at the Charlotte Observer site? Was it just preliminary talks that didn’t go anywhere, or are they planning something on one of the unused parcels?

just a rumor, one that persists today interestingly. to date there is not a single concrete plan of any kind that has been announced for any of the additional 5-6 acres.

Edited by Guest

17 hours ago, JorgiPorgi said:

It looks much taller in person, I think mainly because the renderings don't show it comparably with any other buildings. It's a tall fat building. Super imposing from 277. 

Ok, but I mean how where it gets smaller before the pyramid. It seems like there are more floors than what I see in the renderings. Like you said tall fat building, with a short neck is what I was expecting, but the neck doesn't look as short. 

Maybe I'm just hoping they snuck one in on us... One can only hope lol

2 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

Phenomenal pictures of BOAT in the CBJ this morning.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/09/11/photos-office-tower-at-uptowns-legacy-union-moves.html

Here is a small taste.

1. Overlook BofA stadium

2. The grand entrance

3. The Great Wall of Charlotte Extension (Can someone remind me of what covering they are using for this?  I hope it is more unique that Capitol Towers)

4. An impressive shot of Stonewall.  Everything in that picture was essentially built after I moved to Charlotte in 2013.  NASCAR HofF and Westin being the major exceptions.

2115167238_BOATParkingDeck.jpg.ddd072471cd3dedc58fd2a96bdbb420b.jpg

Brick, Blue Glass, EIFS, Metal Louvres. 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, KJHburg said:

Story and photo gallery from top of Legacy tower in this Business Journal article.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2018/09/11/photos-office-tower-at-uptowns-legacy-union-moves.html

Great pics.  Two observations:

1.  BOA will be blocked from a clear view of the field by the massive jumbotron with their name on it.  Too bad for them.  They would be able to watch on the jumbotron on the opposite side of the stadium (or they could get a great view by, you know, watching on tv).

2.  Just seeing those two gentlemen standing by the edge makes me nervous...

• Like 1