Davidson Southeast: Antioch, Century Farms, East of Brentwood

smeagolsfree

I wonder which lucky Belmont student gets to rock out in the penthouse at top-center? Also, Vanderbilt and Belmont must be getting some kind of group rate from the architects responsible for their various new residence halls--not that I'm complaining, just seems a bit of a same sausage, different lengths situation.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SoundScan said:

Also, Vanderbilt and Belmont must be getting some kind of group rate from the architects responsible for their various new residence halls--not that I'm complaining, just seems a bit of a same sausage, different lengths situation.

It's the standard for all campuses without a defining architectural trait, there are copies of this in Knoxville, Cookeville, Chattanooga, etc. Just needs a name. I suggest "Collegiate Gothic When Skyrocketing Tuition Costs All Go To Administrative Salaries".

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PruneTracy said:

It's the standard for all campuses without a defining architectural trait, there are copies of this in Knoxville, Cookeville, Chattanooga, etc. Just needs a name. I suggest "Collegiate Gothic When Skyrocketing Tuition Costs All Go To Administrative Salaries".

Actually, TTU doesn't have anything like this on its campus.  Tech's buildings are all in pretty much the same style, Neo-Georgian, at least I think that's what the style is called:  lots of red brick with white pillars in front.  All of Tech's dorms, from the oldest to the newest, are built in this style, and I don't think any of them are more than 4 stories tall.

card00551_fr.jpg

card00276_fr.jpg

FLS_Tennessee_Tech_University_Dorms_(8).

tennessee-tech-university-7-728.jpg?cb=1

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jmtunafish said:

Actually, TTU doesn't have anything like this on its campus.  Tech's buildings are all in pretty much the same style, Neo-Georgian, at least I think that's what the style is called:  lots of red brick with white pillars in front.  All of Tech's dorms, from the oldest to the newest, are built in this style, and I don't think any of them are more than 4 stories tall.

I got my degree from TTU.  The architectural style is Greek Revival.  All buildings on campus are styled in this manner, with the UC (University Center) and the Hoop (new gymnasium) being the furthest removed from this style, but still influenced by it.  Capitol Quad, which used to be the men's quad, is all 5 floors.  Ok, technically, 4 with a basement...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Is that men's quadrangle still standing?  I did a quick search for it on Google maps and did not locate any building that was completely enclosed like that with a cupola at one end. 

No, that quad was where the new Nursing building is now, between 7th, Mahler and Walnut.  It was razed around 2002 or 2003.  It was condemned sometime before I started there in 2001, and was vacant.

Edited by Griz83
  • Like 1

Another site is purchased for $2 million in Wedgwood/Houston area.  Not sure what investor L.A. Green has planned fro the .64 acres site that includes a 2,000 sq. ft. showroom, and 9,600 sq. ft. warehouse space.  Location is 1269 Fourth Ave. South.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/money/real-estate/2017/02/07/investor-l-green-buys-wedgewood-houston-area-site/97580158/

Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 4.49.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 4.55.01 AM.png

• Like 3

5 hours ago, PaulChinetti said:

Maybe all these new developers will start pushing for a bridge at the railroad crossing!! #wishfulthinking

PaulChinetti, I could not agree more. Got stuck there Thursday night coming home from Preds and Sunday night after Superbowl. It almost never fails. #wishfulthinking2

• Like 3